INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS FOR AGILE, OPTIMIZED AND CLOUD-READY MANUFACTURING
The 21st century manufacturing organization demands game-changing ideas and global expertise to overcome a unique set of challenges. As digitalization disrupts traditional processes and the Internet of Things interweaves once-independent machines into forceful, inter-connected ecosystems, IT must be equipped to deliver business outcomes with swift agility, scalability, and confidence.
Improving manufacturing agility, speed to market and the ability to “get it right” the first time are critically important. Tighter IT budgets demand that results be measurable and achieved quickly, with the least amount of effort and with a rapid ROI. As we move into the future, leading manufacturers must evolve beyond legacy divisional structures and non-standard IT practices and processes in order to address global challenges and deliver greater value to the organization.
To come out ahead in the 21st century, manufacturers must be technology-savvy, alert and agile. This demands that the IT organization:
- Become a centralized enabler of growth
- Run standardized and metric-driven processes globally
- Improve quality of support and experience to all users across divisions
- Provide reliable, scalable and dynamic services
- Optimize costs and maximize efficiency
21st Century Solutions
The 21st Century manufacturing enterprise will require a confluence of technologies and specialized IT support that seamlessly integrates physical and digital worlds in a centralized fashion across the globe. Innovative “Next-Generation” capabilities such as embedded sensors, real-time information, mobility and cloud services will be major factors that the manufacturing system must utilize to their advantage to maximize margins and diversify revenue streams.
Constituents of a 21st Century Manufacturing Enterprise:
- Centralizing and standardizing IT experience
- Is your IT organization able to operate and deliver services consistently across divisional and geographic barriers?
- Making a shift to the Cloud across the Manufacturing Value Chain
- Are you pursuing cloud services to help integrate new technologies to drive plant connectivity, process integration, customer experience and innovation across the manufacturing value chain?
- Real-time information, automation, monitoring
- The availability of real-time data is now permitting manufacturers to increase agility through automation, and increase quality through end-to-end monitoring capabilities enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Embracing a Mobile Workforce
- The consumerization of IT is empowering plant workers to drastically increase productivity. Are you embracing the convergence of consumer and industrial devices with the proper security protocols and enablement?