Content Management Services
HCL’s CMS solution enabled a global player in the entertainment industry to lower operational costs and increase ROI
The Situation Today
Furthermore, these Infomediaries leverage best-of-breed search engines and use tags, metadata, keywords, titles, sub-titles, content and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques, to differentiate and rank their content. Their search engines use semantic tools for content management to search for relevant content from databases across multiple platforms. In fact, there is a clear shift from HTML to ‘content differentiation and distribution’. Consequently, M&E companies are leveraging disruptive technologies such as social, media, Cloud and big data to understand search behavior, search operators and to differentiate and contextualize content.
HCL is working with leading M&E companies and Infomediaries to create, tag, manage and differentiate content in their content management systems. It has also forged partnerships with leading semantic tools enterprises and built solutions and accelerators to address this market. A snapshot of HCL’s content management services:
- Content management and distribution services to streamline the process of producing, managing, and distributing content
- Solutions to create efficient workflows, integrated asset and rights management, and efficient storage and retrieval of data
- Document management services (abstraction indexing/summarization) for publishing and business information services
- Translation services-SD to HD, SD/HD to 3D, graphics and 3D/2D animation services
- HTML and XML conversion services as a part of content management for publishing and business information services
- Voice/ data/ video and device testing services–Data: Content quality assurance, format and packaging standard testing, metadata/ markup standard testing, conversion testing
- HCL SEO CoE to create and manage SEO optimized content for various platforms and devices
- HCL customer centricity solution, an artificial intelligence based N=1 recommendation engine helps to personalize content, promotions, book sales and advertisements
- Cyberscan tool leveraging big data (Hadoop) tool and semantic search techniques for crawling, tracking, indexing and searching content across multiple platforms
- Content 2.0, a network publishing platform for new age publishers streamlines multi-channel content delivery process and integrates disparate systems
HCL’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions focus on mapping the business objectives of the customer with their content management strategy. We believe in having a complete enterprise vision and strategy for ECM technologies across the information life cycle. Our Strategy is driven by a utility computing approach and is focused on creating a unified access layer for data.
HCL’s big data and Business Intelligence (BI) practice leverages its partnerships with leading big data companies to deliver consumer insights and intelligence, predictive and inductive analytics, and analytics on-demand. Additionally, HCL’s BI practice assists customers in planning and creating campaigns based on social insight.
HCL’s predictive analytics help forecast future events, trends, and behavior.It provides companies with just the right tool to increase their success rate by delivering critical insights at every point of the value chain—right from finding new artists/authors and market research, to customer insight and marketing effectiveness.
HCL offers end-to-end mobility solutions for various devices and frameworks in various technologies/platforms including mobile content management platforms, mobile marketing services, and contextual advertising. The solution helps you access content from anywhere, anytime and on any device.
HCL’s content management and distribution services aim to streamline the process for producing, managing, and distributing content, leading to workflows that are more efficient, integrated asset and rights management, and efficient storage and retrieval of data. This ultimately helps in increasing efficiency, improving control over information and in reducing the overall cost of information management for the enterprise.
Digital Media Services
HCL has the ability to define configurable business processes, real-time analytics, and business rules for automated decisions and collaborations. Its storage and data management capability helps customer’s markup, classify, categorize and store content as per specifications. HCL’s digital assets distribution platform enables publishers to rapidly pack and distribute content to eTailers (Amazon, Apple etc.)
- Integrated multiple research databases and developed an interface layer for efficient searches across multiple platforms for a leading research firm.
- Accelerated the digital life cycle management transformation of process and technology, created a new technology platform consolidating 300+ multi-channel properties such as CMS, search, video player, and advertising engine etc. for a $14bn US entertainment content conglomerate.
- Developed a highly automated product master data system that enabled the creation and management of thousands of digital products and rights compliance for a $3 billion multi-national music company.
- Designed a new industry leading user experience, for a leading US based electronic and microfilm publisher, which provided a consistent interface for all its branded products by consolidating services across multiple platforms.
- Provided end-to-end visibility into the application spectrum, including recommendations for a global rights management platform to integrate with various financial and artist contract systems, and eliminated the need for expensive solutions for a $1.65 billion multi-national music company.