Digital Value Chain Transformation (DVCT)
The Situation Today
The Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry is in the middle of a rapid digital transformation. According to the latest reports, media companies are expected to triple their revenue from digital channels by 2015. But they won’t succeed unless they keep pace with consumers’ demands. As consumers become more astute users of digital technologies, they expect multimedia services (ubiquitous and protected access) in many formats, accessible on multiple devices and platforms in real time and at a low price.
Demand for an enhanced multichannel content experience requires companies to become exceptionally agile, looking anew at their digital value chains.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s digital value chain transformation (DVCT) services help M&E companies discover, design, and implement strategies for end-to-end transformations that enhance customer experience through the delivery of personalized content on multiple platforms and devices.
HCL’s considerable investments in DVCT jumpstart customers’ initiatives through solution accelerators, media labs, platform services, partner and media consulting ecosystems, and industry talent.
|Next-Generation User Experience||Personification||Crowd Transformation|
|Media Back Office||Digital Supply Chain||Contextual Advertising|
|IPs, Solutions, and Frameworks||Media Labs||Industry Partnerships|
What You Can Expect
HCL’s Digital Value Chain Transformation delivers outstanding results to customers across the digital value chain:
- Reduction in content production costs of 10% to 15% through automation, collaboration, and integration of tools and workflow processes
- Improvements of more than 15% in the reuse factor through standardization of systems, storage, discovery, and transformation processes
- Increases of 10% to 15% in speed to market through multichannel readiness
- Reduced legal exposure and increased brand credibility; A 10% cap in revenue leakage from piracy
- Revenue increases of 15% through service improvement and a guaranteed outcome for advertisers
What We’ve Done for Others
HCL has delivered impressive results for a range of M&E clients by managing their digital value chains, creating efficient processes for sourcing platforms, developing strategies to make content both intelligent and attractive, managing storage retrieval, and providing mechanisms for faster and more efficient distribution. This has enabled us to provide an entire gamut of services normally called as contract lifecycle management. In particular, we have
- increased the audience by 25% and growth from digital revenues by 60% for a large yellow pages company by developing a business-aligned platform for online, social, and mobile advertisers.
- reduced operating expenses by 30% for the world’s leading education publisher by providing a global shared-services model that improved processes and rationalized costs
- contributed to a 15% improvement in rights exploitation, improved artist engagement, and $5 million savings on a consumer insight survey for a music publishing company by helping to transform it into a global rights management company