Educational institutes have traditionally used CRM systems for acquisition and enrollment of students. However, when it comes to preventing student churn, these systems are ineffective. Moreover, CRM systems are largely tools for the sales team and they ignore the role that the faculty or alumni can play to close the leads.
Digital has changed the business model for the publishing, media and entertainment industry. With the increasing number of choices on the internet, a website needs to create unique customer experiences to stand out. Similarly, it has to capture, process and analyze the usage trial left behind by the customer along with those left behind by hundreds of others to identify a pattern and generate personalized experiences.
HCL has been delivering analytics and customer experience solutions across education, publishing, newspapers and magazines, media and broadcasting companies, and enabling them to deliver unique customer experiences. In addition, it has helped them:
- Improve the volume and dollar value of digital publishing and entertainment products
- Increase cross sell and upsell of products and services
- Provide relevant products and services based on a 360-degree customer profile
- Isolate the strategy to attract, engage, monetize and retain
- Improve the personalized social engagement value of the content on the website
- Increase advertising ROI by identifying the right segment and the advertising strategy
HCL’s analytics practice
HCL’s analytics practice with the right blend of technology-orientation and analytics consulting expertise across all verticals has a unique position in the market. The primary focus areas of the practice are:
- Big data analytics
- Customer/Marketing analytics
- AML/Fraud analytics
- Operations research
A snapshot of its engagements:
- Developed a hyper-local social networking platform for the Hispanic community—creating a new revenue channel with 10m visitors and over 5m sales in the first year for a leading newspaper
- Improved the product cross sell rate by over 12 times for a financial services major in the US
For details of our analytics practice, please refer to - http://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-transformation-services/business-analytics
HCL Customer Relationship Management capabilities
HCL Enterprise Application Services (EAS) delivers Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications that support marketing, sales and service functions to organizations in a range of industry sectors including consumer, public sector, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics,, and financial services.
HCL has been a Siebel CRM partner for a leading bank at Japan since 2000 and was involved in every facet of service related to Siebel CRM applications—implementing new modules, application consolidation, upgrade, application support and enhancements, and process re-engineering.
For details of our CRM practice, please refer to-
HCL User Experience practice
HCL’s User Experience practice can help with:
- Usability consulting working through discovery and prototyping.
- Creative designs including brand and visual design guidelines.
- Presentation realization including UX frameworks, technical feasibility and implementation using responsive design and other approaches.
HCL’s user experience practice engagements - Overivew
- Leading general interest family magazine: Open source Next Generation Web platform for consolidating 37 multi-lingual websites leading to around $1.1 M savings via reduction in maintenance and hosting costs, 30% increase in unique monthly visitors
- Global mass media company: A new technology platform consolidating 300+ multi-channel properties: CMS, search, video player, advertising engine etc. improving time to market for 3bn assests and 30% reduction on “As-Is” platform sustenance and generating funds for modernization
For details of our User Experience/ECM practice, please refer to - http://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-transformation-services/service-offerings-0