MRO Pre-configured Solution
Airline and aviation maintenance, engineering and service organizations need to constantly drive down costs while increasing asset utilization and the reliability of their products, services and information. Such cost pressures persist against a backdrop of increasingly tough regulatory, traceability and safety requirements. Reliable and cost effective maintenance of aviation equipment requires an enterprise IT platform that consistently delivers best practice and information on demand, just like the products being serviced.
SAP is the only integrated enterprise platform that can meet these demands and HCL is the only SAP services partner with a packaged aviation maintenance solution. For over ten years, HCL has been deploying SAP solutions to leading aviation and aerospace companies worldwide. During the course of these implementations, our consultants faced many issues and challenges in mapping SAP solutions to industry best practices.
In order to leverage this wealth of knowledge for future customers and to streamline the implementation process, HCL has invested over three years in the construction of a world-class pre-configured SAP Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) solution.
HCL's MRO pre-configured solution has been proven to reduce risk, time and cost for customers evaluating SAP as a potential enterprise solution or extending their existing SAP back office footprint to maintenance and engineering. The solution is backed up by world class capabilities in SAP design, organizational change management, performance measurement systems, benefits realization, education and production support. HCL's MRO pre-configured solution saves significant time during process discovery and gap resolution phases of the implementation, resulting in significantly accelerated implementation timeframes.
Built by the most experienced team available in the marketplace, HCL's MRO pre-configured solution extends SAP's technology for aviation maintenance and engineering through the addition of comprehensive and industry focused best practices, software enhancements, implementation accelerators and training. Our MRO pre-configured solution will improve aviation asset and maintenance planning, scheduling, execution and billing for the following target organizations:
- Airline maintenance and engineering groups
- Complex asset (frame, propulsion, avionics, etc.) or system MRO organizations
- Fixed base operators and maintenance service centers
- Technical support and field service organizations
- Component repair shops
- After-market spares provisioning organizations
- OEM warranty and customer support programmes
Our preconfigured solution fully supports common aviation maintenance industry processes with solutions to key requirements at hand, allowing the project team to focus on the specific opportunities that deliver true strategic value to your organisation. HCL's MRO pre-configured solution compliments SAP's enterprise technology through the addition of the industry templates, accelerators and packaged solutions outlined below:
- Aviation specific SAP Training Academy
- Project team orientation and mobilization materials
- Rapid Implementation Methodology
- Best practice business process flows, descriptions and role/process maps
- Pre-configured SAP MRO system to accelerate blueprint design sessions
- Stakeholder education and engagement templates
- Role based change management deliverables
- SAP enhancements to support key aviation MRO business processes
- User procedure guides outlining step-by-step work instructions
- Best practice test scripts to facilitate effective integration, system and user acceptance testing
- Data mapping templates, conversion scripts and utilities to ease migration of existing data to the new SAP system
- Optional help desk support
HCL has a proven experience and a successful track record gained from more than sixty SAP implementations at aviation and aerospace companies. This includes many of the world's leading airframe, propulsion, avionics and aerospace component maintenance service providers. HCL can resource the best team of SAP MRO process experts and aerospace industry consultants available. We have made a significant investment in developing accelerators and packaged solutions to known industry/SAP gaps and have built up an unrivalled library of SAP enabled best practice, benefits potential, user testing and training guides.