Retail on Cloud
The buzz and momentum behind cloud computing across so many industries have compelled retailers to evaluate the potential of cloud computing and capitalize on the benefits that it offers. CIOs of retail companies have been struggling to balance budgets with growing legacy requirements. New lighter-weight technologies – such as cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS), and social networks -and IT models enable the CIO to redefine IT, giving it a greater focus on growth and strategic impact. The retail industry has faced tremendous changes in recent years and has had to readjust to the new business environment in order to survive and thrive in what has become a truly multichannel world. These changes are about
- Relentlessly focusing on customers and bringing them back to the center of decision making in marketing and merchandising.
- Integrating data and processes across the organization to dismantle business silos.
- Re-assessing the high costs and brittle operations of their technology platforms.
- Equipping operations to deliver in a multichannel environment
How HCL Can Help
HCL has a rich domain focus and experience in retail technologies, creating and delivering cloud competency services for retail organizations. HCL's cloud services cut across various layers, such as Infra as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS). HCL also offers private cloud enablement services, which includes a complete roadmap for datacenter consolidation, virtualization, and SaaS enablement of products. HCL has been working with leading ISVs for the SaaS enablement of their key products, making them multi-tenet and cloud ready. HCL also offers product development services to ISVs in the IaaS/ PaaS space. HCL’s IPs and solutions have enabled retail organizations attain standardization, optimization, analytics and transformation (SOAT) via cloud offerings:
- Where cloud drives standardization in a data center, business process, or technology to bring efficiencies for retail companies
- Where cloud solutions help retail enterprises optimize their current cost / investments through application and server virtualization
- The availability of clouds across the globe allows for global business process integration for retail companies. It also helps in business performance data collection through a central highly scalable / available storage medium to perform business process analytics and perform continuous improvements
- Where a change in business model is required by moving into a service-based model [SaaS offering through Agora]
- Agility into the Dev/Test environment so that new features can be quickly tested and rolled out [ Nimbo for Dev and test environment]
- Where companies can invest for normal workloads and let peak workloads be handled by public clouds [Cloud bursting using Nimbo, Microsoft Cloud Adoption using Cirrus)
HCL's approach for retail on cloud is centered on building and providing competency based services such as cloud assessment, implementation and migration to private, public and hybrid clouds, and cloud operation services. HCL has identified niche functional application areas in the retail industry that can be delivered through HCL retail cloud solutions.
As a reputed cloud service partner for global organizations, HCL works with:
- 8 of the top 10 ISVs in their cloud initiatives
- 35 global organizations, offering them private cloud based enterprise management platforms
- Over 25 GF 500 companies, in their virtualization journey in cloud
HCL has strategic partnerships and collaborations with leading players in the cloud ecosystem.
- Technology/OEM partnerships with Cisco, EMC, VMware, Sun, Microsoft
- IaaS: Amazon Web Services
- PaaS: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Azure, Tibco
- Cloud Management: BMC, CA
HCL’s Cloud Services Strategy
- Cloud consulting and assessment
- Cloud implementation and migration
- Cloud management and operations
- Migration ++