HCL provides services in areas like system modelling, post silicon validation, FPGA prototyping, ASIC development, verification, and implementation. We have partnerships with various chip manufacturers such as AMD, Intel, XILINX, Renesas, Philips, NEC, Micron, Freescale, Hitachi, ARM, and Broadcom.
Our services include
- System modeling - Component modeling, interconnect modeling, reusable libraries, platform modeling, conversion, and tools
- Post silicon validation - Board design, assembly, and testing; firmware and software design; board bring up; OS and application loading, system level verification, I/O and timing parameters
- FPGA prototyping - Synthesis, place route, and timing closure; configuration file generation; FPGA concept proof, ASIC to FPGA and FPGA to ASIC conversion
- ASIC development - Technology mapping and synthesis, physical design, timing closure, speed and power analysis, DFT insertion, and formal verification
- Verification - IP verification, functional verification, protocol monitors and checkers, assertion based verification, bus functional model, and code coverage analysis
- Implementation - High level architecture, micro architecture, RTL implementation, module level testing, and integration
What We’ve Done For Others
- For a global semiconductor chip manufacturer, HCL was involved in the porting of a 32-bit to a 64 bit power VR hardware driver. We ported the kernel DRM driver and the third party DDK (that includes X-Windows display driver, DRI implementation and 64 bit build changes) from 32 bit to 64 bit.