HCL provides services and solutions in specific areas like wafer preparation, design, photo-lithography, ion implantation, etching, inspection and metrology, test and assembly, CVD/PVD, CMP, and cleaning and curing. For the semiconductor industry, we have capabilities in mechanical engineering, software engineering, hardware engineering, and life cycle support services. We have partnerships with various organizations like PV group, Altera, Xilinx, Mentor graphics, Cadence, Synopsys, ISMI, and ISA.
Our services include
- Mechanical engineering - Wafer tester design, radiation enclosure, PDU, facilities, end effector, racks & chassis, gas box, harness, cabling, piping; CAE: FEA, FEM, CFD; and simulation
- Software engineering - Control systems software, yield improvement, image processing, equipment application, re-architecture, recipe creation & management, legacy RTOs porting, SEMI UI standards implementation
- Hardware and electrical engineering - Board design, device drivers, control systems; protocols - EtherCAT, MODBUS, DeviceNet; embedded design, diagnostics & BSP, and electrical power distribution.
- Lifecycle support - Technical publications, prototyping, low volume manufacturing, compliance testing, customer field support, PDM/PLM services, and IT services
- Sustenance engineering services - Value engineering, parts obsolescence management, parts library management, verification & validation, re-engineering
- Quality assurance - Defect review, testing and test automation, software configuration management, documentation, standards compliance
HCL's semiconductor systems and subsystems capabilities include product design, engineering analysis, and engineering automation, manufacturing engineering services, testing services, and technical publications.
What We’ve Done For Others
- HCL has had a decade-long relationship with a leading semiconductor ATE OEM. For the customer, HCL achieved more than $60M in cost savings, reduced the testing cycle time by 45%, and increased test coverage from 35% to 80% through our semiconductor engineering capabilities.
- For a semiconductor company which faced time-to-market issues due to the cyclical nature of the market, HCL was involved in balancing new product engineering against sustenance and non-core activities. Our input led to a cumulative $30M+ savings for the customer.