HCL Management Tools as a Service (MTaaSTM) is an award winning private cloud based enterprise management platform for delivery of IT Management Tools. The key features of MTaaSTM are:
- Business-ready hosted platform for enterprise tools, and the clients simply need to extend the consoles into their environment to use the same
- "Plug-and-play" mechanism offers the client a highly scalable environment, with complete control & flexibility, without bearing the upfront cost of the base tools platform or the supporting infrastructure
- Based on the "pay-per-use" model, which is a convenient mechanism for keeping costs in check
- Highly process-oriented framework based on industry standards and best practices
- Offers IT service assurance of the highest quality at an unbelievably low cost
- MTaaSTM today is serving over 35 G1000 customers of HCL
- Available in:
- Cloud-based - Pre-configured, plug and play
- In-Premise - Pre-configured, customizable
- Hybrid - some components on the cloud, some in-premise
Following is the MTaaSTM Architecture:
MTaaSTM has a "layered architecture", with each layer adding further value and complimentary functionality to the input from the layer below, and providing the relevant output to the layer above. The solution architecture has the following layers:
- Element Monitoring & Management Layer: This layer consists of various element managers, which collect fault and performance data for various IT components like systems, networks and applications. The collector modules (probes/monitors/agents) of these managers interact with the target elements and report to their respective master servers.
- Manager of Managers Layer: All the event and performance data collected from the EMS tools is integrated in the Manager of Mangers (MOM) layer for root-cause-analysis and event consolidation to give an enterprise view of the IT events. This is done through integration probes. The integration of the MOM layer with element managers and other data sources like the configuration management database (CMDB) (via the SM layer) gives end-to-end visibility and intelligence that gives it the capability to perform event enrichment, correlation, de-duplication, & topology-based root-cause-analysis (RCA). This further enables a high degree of operational efficiency. The MOM layer can be used by all the technology resources to ensure availability and quality of service. This layer provides views, reporting, administration and key performance parameters to enable a single vision for the enterprise.
- Service Management Layer: Qualified events are passed from the MOM layer to the service management layer in the form of incident tickets and are then tracked. The service management layer enables automation of the IT processes. It has well defined modules and workflows for all the ITIL-defined processes like incident management, problem management, change management, asset management and service level management.
- Unified Reporting Layer: The reporting of event and ticket data is done through a unified reporting portal, which gives an integrated & multi-dimensional view of IT operations, and provides intelligence for decision making at the business level. Apart from the real-time data reporting, it also provides powerful trend analysis and comparisons, to facilitate the measurement of the business impact of IT.