Enterprise Discovery Framework
Today, organizations face many challenges such as growing business complexity, inefficient processes and applications, high cost of operations etc. This is largely due to organic and inorganic growth which has taken place within a small span of time without effective planning in place. As a result, organizations end up maintaining multiple architectural formats, applications, processes and hardware assets.
EDF 3.0™ which is a tool based discovery framework can help organizations overcome these issues by enabling them to delve deeper into their IT assets and processes. It supports layered discovery and enables capturing, modelling and publishing of enterprise information. This framework also facilitates the streamlining as well as optimization of existing investments.
Key features of EDF
- EDF is an architecture-based framework for analysis of the entire enterprise – primarily the application and business process layers
- Layered discovery and integrated analysis of enterprise business and IT layers
- Data-driven or meta-data driven approach – for analytics and diagnostics
- Analytics-based approach that provides portfolio and cost rationalization and architecture viewpoints
- Tool-based data capture, modeling and publication for enterprise-wide use
- Comprehensive analytics for run-time enterprise – impact analysis, business value, architecture assessment across application infrastructure , database and business
- As-Is and To-Be states for asset layers
- Design-time enterprise – model all types of architecture, asset re-use and design patterns.
- Transformation framework helps align the framework for SOA (service discovery) and BPM (process modeling)
- Governance framework to keep the repository ‘evergreen’ – capitalize on one-time effort