Oracle Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Content management is no longer just about specialized vertical applications but is now for the whole enterprise. The high costs of specialized and department-specific content management are becoming prohibitive. Organizations are now looking towards enterprise-wide practices for both content management and compliance. Oracle offers the industry's most integrated and complete content management platform. It helps eliminate uncertainty around unstructured data and enables customers to better manage it. Customers can now give users improved access to information and help them maximize compliance-related IT investments.
With over a decade of experience and partnerships with the world's best Enterprise Content Management and Portal solution providers, the Enterprise Content Management & Portals (ECMP) group at HCL has been at the forefront in delivering Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions using cutting edge technologies.
This HCL CoE offers a complete range of solutions:
- Document Management
- Business Process Management
- Records Management
- Knowledge Management
- Enterprise Search
- Web Content Management and Digital Asset Management
- Portal Implementation
- Collaboration and Workflow solution implementation
The ECMP practice provides end user solutions, consultancy and product implementation services. It has implemented numerous projects across the globe and has tremendous domain knowledge of the business processes across industries. Leveraging our global delivery capabilities, this dedicated practice provides the following services:
- Enterprise content based application portfolio assessment and consulting for integrated framework development for all content application
- Developing new content centric applications - Capture (Imaging & Form Based), Collaboration & Workflow, Publishing, Records Management, Storage & Archival
- Migration of old EDMS applications to the new ECM platform
- Support of existing applications, including L2 and L3 support
- Compliance to industry regulations like 21 CFR Part 11, SOX, HIPAA, SPL, PIM, eCTD and GxP
Frameworks & Re-Usable Components
This CoE continuously invests to develop solution frameworks that cater to different business segments. HCL has developed the following frameworks:
- WIXA (WYSIWYG) XML Authoring Framework - a component-based framework based on J2EE principles. It is a web based authoring interface for managing and storing content in a XML based structure and presents it based on predefined style sheets and XSL templates. WIXA is a complete zero foot print solution, that means, it does not require any client side browser downloads or ActiveX controls.
- eOpT (efficient & Optimal Testing) is a comprehensive FileNet BPM based testing tool developed by HCL for FileNet P8 architecture, that uniquely and efficiently allows business process designers and test engineers to perform extensive process testing in a very methodical and optimized way.
- ProContent is a web-based solution for automating content-based business processes. ProContent is built on ProFlow reusable components to address content management related business process automation features.
- Knowledge Management System (KMS) is a reusable system that can be used as a repository for knowledge data in any organization. With the help of KMS, any organization can keep track of all documents
- HCL's comprehensive drug labeling framework “easyLabeling” enables pharmaceutical companies to achieve SPL compliance. Built on the Documentum platform, it is user-friendly and enables content creation in XML format while incorporating features for content reuse, workflow, versioning, renditions and audit trail.
The HCL Differentiator
HCL has extensive experience in the ECM space providing value added services in technology consulting, ECM strategy definition and solutions on imaging, electronic document management, workflow, web content management and other areas. HCL has successfully executed several ECM assignments across the globe.
- Rich Experience
- Providing mission critical ECM solutions to multinational customers
- Implemented large projects across the globe where we also provided ECM product licenses to support a huge user base of over 3000 users
- Domain Expertise - BFSI, Legal, Media & Publishing, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Manufacturing, Government
- Diverse technical and managerial skill base
- Mature partnership with ECM product vendors
- Mature and proven practices - Quality SEI CMM Level 5 and ISO 9001:2000 certified delivery centers; Project management (PMI certified project managers); HCL has extensive Information Security Management Systems in place. The company is certified for BS7799, which ensures comprehensive protection of integrity, confidentiality and availability of information assets of all customers
- Thought Leadership; Knowledge Base of white papers
- Proven and ready-to-deploy frameworks and reusable components
- Technology - dedicated Beta Labs to test new products; focus on Oracle platform & technologies to deliver industry specific solutions covering the complete Oracle stack