Impact of COVID-19 on the workplace
How can COVID-19 change workplace technology?
The global pandemic profoundly impacted the world of work, leaving organizations reeling with uncertainty and presenting an ultimate test of resiliency. According to the ILO, job losses or reduced working hours due to the pandemic cost the world an equivalent of 255 million jobs in 2020. The losses resulted in an 8.3% decline in global income, equivalent to $3.7 trillion or 4.4% of the global gross domestic product (GDP).
Additionally, researchers at Harvard Business School and New York University found that the number of meetings increased during the pandemic by 12.9%, on average, and the number of attendees per meeting grew by 13.5%. They also found that an engaged employee is 45% more productive than a merely satisfied worker.
So, it became crucial for organizations to focus on reconfiguring the workplace by shifting to a remote working environment. The idea was to protect the indispensable aspects of their operations— safeguarding the workforce while keeping them productive and continue servicing thecustomers.
Businesses needed a healthy culture with empathy and inclusivity and embrace the right tools and solutions to make employees feel engaged, productive, and empowered without compromising on security, experience, and performance.
At HCL Technologies, we took a people-centered approach to help global enterprises embrace the new normal through our brand new offering “Fluid Workplace”. It is a comprehensive set of future-proof digital workplace solutions that covers both “secure,remote working” and a “cautious return to the workplace”. The Fluid Workplace offering aims at helping the customer accelerate their digital transformation and build an innovative, empathetic, personalized, and on-demand remote workplace to deliver greater productivity and a superior user experience. Our leadership positions across industry analysts and research organizations is a testament to our industry-leading portfolio and ability to deliver on the promise of UX.
Our fluid Remote Productivity Solution Pack helps our customers accelerate digital transformation and build an empathetic, personalized,andon-demand remote workplace to deliver greater productivity andsuperior UX:
- Fluid remote productivity readiness assessment: Accelerated, business-led, data-driven telecommuting readiness assessment and consultancy covering all essential tracks
- Fluid remote virtual workspace: An intelligent, flexible,andsecure in-demand digital workplace empowering users to be equally productive while working from home
- Fluid remote collaboration: Unified andpersonalized chat-centric remote collaboration for teams that need to engage from anywhere, anytime
- Fluid remote support: Cognitive AI-andAR-based immersive remote support to ensure minimum downtime
- Fluid remote UX monitoring: Big data analytics-based preventive support and real-time remote worker user experience monitoring support
- Fluid adaptive security: Cloud-based software-defined remote access security solution based on zero-trust principles
- Compassionate change management: Contextual behavior change strategies incorporating multiple channels and management
SafeSense: Return to theworkplace
SafeSense is a precision-focused, contactless workplace solution to bring the essential workforce back to the workplace. It creates a closed first line of defense starting from the point of entry in the work premises to the work area equipping safe and productive environment. It comprises the following contactless solutions:
- THERMOSense – Contactless and precise body temperature screening
- DISTSense – Smart ID card holder forsocial distancing and contact tracing
- VISONSense – Computer vision-powered face mask detection
- QUEUESense – Digital queuing system to avoid crowds at bottlenecked locations
- OCCUSense – Hot desking and occupancy management for confined spaces
- WORKSense – Contact-free IT services to eliminate risks while upholding experience