The Situation Today
With the emergence of several classes of network connected devices - from wearable devices to smart meters and in-vehicle systems – the role of the connected device is becoming pivotal for telecom service providers, who due to market and technology advancements, must innovate in order to sustain and thrive. And telecom operators need to step up to enable business through device-related services, apart from the traditional voice and data services.
How HCL Can Help
HCL has over three decades of experience in executing global telecom projects, serving all the elements of the telecommunications ecosystem and providing end-to-end solutions in engineering and R&D. HCL provides mobility, network integration and validation, big data/analytics, OSS/BSS systems architecture, design, development, maintenance and support, engineering cost optimization, ticket lifecycle management, interoperability, unified communications, and VoIP/IMS services. HCL has the largest outsourced engineering center in the telecom space, outside the U.S.
Recognized as a leader in end-to-end product design, development, and systems integration for the world’s leading telecom service providers, HCL’s device-based services include:
- Hardware: Board and system design, FPGA/ASIC design, verification and validation, and value-added services
- Mechanical: Conceptualization, design and development, implementation manufacturing, active product support, and end-of-life products
- Software: Software framework and SDK development, middleware/open source components, embedded system applications, sustenance engineering – end-of-life cycle, and active product support, OTT/3rd party apps, converged devices application , OS upgrade/customization, end-to-end enablement of devices in operator networks, media apps, messaging services, LBS apps, connection manager, analytics
- Testing: Test automation, functional testing, regression testing, protocol conformance testing, conformance test suite development, Inter-operability testing, field testing, device qualification in 3rd party labs, browser IoT, platform security testing and connectivity testing.
- Smart user experience enablement through integration of disruptive technologies into a seamless digital experience. HCL is involved in User experience design, User interface module development for TV, Mobile, Tablet and PC, Enterprise Mobile App development, Integration of security layer for cloud/device access, L1/L2/L3 support across geographies, Social & intuitive User Experience enablement across multiple devices, upload of camera images and videos to social networking sites.
- Device and application commercialization –End to End solution for new product development including market study, requirement analysis to maintenance and legacy support, Platform Software Development, Middleware enhancements, Application Development and Testing, Pre-Certification and Certification of devices.
- Connected devices management: Extensive experience development, qualification (firmware, middleware, application) and pre-certification of Connectivity stack (WiFi, WiFi Direct, HDMI, MHL, USB, BT, Zigbee, NFC, DLNA, IR etc). End-to-End application development and maintenance, customization, porting, integration, automation and validation (system testing, conformance, performance and interoperability)
A Snapshot of HCL’s Services
What You Can Expect
- A Mature Delivery Model. Institutionalized practices and methodologies for application performance engineering and tuning, customer experience analytics, environment, and problem, issue, and release management
- Enhanced Customer Experience. HCL’s pool of architects collaborate with customers on POCs and projects in customer focused areas. Reduced time to market for new products and features through on-demand staffing and Agile development.
What We’ve Done For Others
- A leading Consumer Electronics OEM wanted to launch a next generation DTV platform. HCL led the migration to next generation DTV platform to create interactive, social features and enhanced user experience. Involvement starting from requirement analysis till system verification and achieved better quality than client’s bench mark.
- For a leading media company, led development of a media platform to support multi-devices with enhanced user experience to improve user base and revenues. Supported more than 25+ devices with different form factors, integration with social network and development of BI modules for Analytics and Ads Management.
- For a Leading ISV, set up a lab for regression testing of leading media sharing app on multiple OEM devices (certification before release to OEMs). HCL solution included daily auto regression testing enabled by in-house test automation solution for A/V comparison and signal generation.