The Situation Today
The Enterprise Workplace has radically changed in the last few years. Applications and enterprise data are no longer constrained to tightly controlled environments. Today, end users have a huge variety of corporate and personal devices and they want a consistent and unified experience across all devices.The challenge for corporate IT is to manage a standardized user environment across multiple platforms and ensure that enterprise standards are maintained throughout.
How HCL Can Help
HCL has vast experience in managing the Enterprise Workplace space for multiple customers. Our workplace engineering services pertain to managing and maintaining the end user workplace environment and devices with some of the most critical activities within IT Infrastructure management. At HCL, we deliver Application Packaging, OS Imaging, Software Distribution and Patch Management Services, and Mobile Device Management services in a highly standardized construct, to customers around the world.
Client application management services such as client management applications, client server applications, and specific and customized client applications and softwares such as client relationship management software enable user information access and sharing. In addition, HCL provides managed application hosting and managed application software services which handle IT applications end-to-end, improving business efficiency and staying abreast of the latest trends in the market.
HCL’s IT applications, IT applications management and IT infrastructure management services greatly help users by creating an interface between technical and front-end applications.
What You Can Expect
HCL’s Workplace Engineering Service components include:
Application Packaging :
HCL’s Application Packaging Factory services provide application compatibility testing, remediation and packaging services through a factory model, and the preparation of applications to be deployed onto multiple application delivery platforms - including Windows, App-V, and Citrix. This factory, which is located in India, leverages a shared tool and infrastructure environment, enabling HCL to scale up on demand. Over 5000 applications are packaged annually and distributed in our application environment.
Software Distribution and Patch Management:
HCL’s software distribution services include all services related to manual and automatic deployment of software packages to end user devices. HCL supports industry-leading configuration management tools like SCCM, BigFix, Tivoli Endpoint Manager, Altiris, Landesk, and others. Patch management services include all the activities communcing from assessing threats and vulnerabilities, discovering new updates, and obtaining, testing, and deploying all the required patches.
Image Engineering :
Image engineering services cover the entire set of activities from image definition to deployment. Based on customer requirements, HCL’s standard imaging guidelines are brought in to help align customers to a Standard Operating Environment. Our Image Management services ensures that customer images are always standardized and kept up to date with the latest patches, imaging, and software versions.
Enterprise Mobility Management :
The HCL The HCL Mobile Device Management services are built around industry leading MDM solutions. HCL manages the entire mobile lifecycle and ensures that compliance and security policies are maintained when the end users use either their personal or corporate owned devices to access enterprise data and applications. At HCL, EMM includes services like Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, and Mobile Content Management, delivering IT support to mobile end users and maintaining the security policies.
- Application Packaging
- Image Engineering
- Software Distribution and Patch Management
- Enterprise Mobility Management
- Define Packaging standards
- Packaging Complexity Categorization
- Compatibility Testing and Remediation
- Package Creation and Testing
- Package Conflict Detection and Resolution
- Establishing a Standard Operating Environment
- Image Creation and Testing
- Organization–wide Image Release Policy and Planning
- Approved Versions of Images available to End-Users
- Maintaining Current Images w.r.t New Platforms, Driver Updates
Software Distribution and Patch Management
- Automated Software Distribution
- Software Repository Management
- Patch Testing and Security Validation
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Patch Deployment
Enterprise Mobility Management
- Mobile Application and AppStore Management
- Policy Enforcement
- Configuration Management
- Security Posture Compliance
- Mobile Content Management
- Standardized Environment – Using a combination of HCL services, customers can ensure standardization across multiple platforms ensuring a similar experience for end-users across devices.
- Fully Compatible Application Set – Customers will be able to ensure that their applications work as expected across all platforms.
- Up-to-Date Environments – HCL’s services ensure that customer end-user platforms are always up-to-date with the latest security and feature patches that are fully tested and deployed.
- Automated Deployment – HCL can empower customer end-users to request and provision applications, and even Operating System upgrades, on their own, thereby reducing their dependency on IT support.