Advance Control Tower
The Situation Today
The logistics industry operates on wafer-thin margins, leaning heavily on visibility, predictability and optimization in order to stay viable. Precision and accuracy of information in providing a single source of truth is of utmost importance in making impactful decisions. The efficiency of the enterprise depends on how soon action is taken on events that occur across the enterprise
Some of the key drivers for an event driven supply chain include:
- Situational visibility across the operational and transactional landscape: There is a need for a real-time snapshot of operations and transactions across the enterprise. Often, dashboards provide an enterprise snapshot, but the retrospect nature of this picture diminishes the value. Information has a life span, and its value declines steeply in time.
- Centralized control of supply chain operations: With services being delivered across large regions and operations in multiple locations, it becomes a challenge to track statistical parameters from an organization’s point of view. Often, strategic decision making is hindered due to a lack of accurate numbers and parameters on operations across a diverse enterprise.
- Putting together pieces of data and information in near-real-time to produce relevant business insights to managers: Making sense of and correlating massive volumes of business data and information that is captured across the enterprise is by any means an impossible task for logistics managers. Often many indicators revealing business threats are overseen due to the sheer volumes of information.
- Proactive responses to business situations and exceptional alerts: Any exception deserves an instant response. Delays in responding to critical situations are the major cause for customer dissatisfaction and operational inefficiencies. A robust alerting mechanism bringing to notice the origin of an exception helps in timely response to mitigating the impact on downstream operations.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s Advanced Control Tower (ACT) is a product-agnostic framework based on Complex Event Processing technology. It crunches large volumes of seemingly independent captured events occurring across multiple systems, and derives and predicts a pattern based on insight, thereby automating decision making. Value is delivered through reducing latency at each point of the decision making cycle.
The ACT Framework is based on the following principles:
- The ability of capturing information from different data-sources across the operational landscape.
- Correlating and putting together the jig-saw puzzle of information to reveal an accurate and precise business picture.
- Responding to this business picture by making the correct decision
- Executing the decision with speed and precision
Value is maximized only when the four aspects above are synthesized with a minimal latency in time. As information is captured, it has to be understood and utilized. The delay in capturing, understanding and responding to an activity or an incident impacts costs as well as revenues.
What You Can Expect
- Enhanced situational visibility into supply chain operations - both at a strategic level and at a tactical operational level
- Faster and more accurate prediction of operational irregularities and exceptional occurrences
- Better utilization of information while it is still alive, to deliver high impact
- Increased process automation for better customer satisfaction and optimized business activities