Transport Management System
Rising transportation costs threaten to negate the supply chain cost reductions achieved during the past several years. Transportation budgets worldwide could increase by as much as 25 percent during the next few years, unless companies find ways to minimize the impact of freight cost increases.
The demand for transport management systems is driven by two primary needs - controlling costs, and improving operational/ logistics performance. These primary needs are critical in today's business environment, which is characterized by increasing business process complexity, resource constraints, and rising and volatile operation costs. In particular, the volatility and steady rise of fuel costs now impact all shippers, carriers and logistics service providers calling for the implementation of a transportation management system that can anticipate and mitigate these challenges.
The key expected capabilities in a good transport management system include - procurement, contract management, shipment routing, global trade management, vehicle routing and scheduling, yard management, demand planning, and performance management and visibility.
At HCL we believe cutting edge transport management software should include the following features:
- Oracle Transportation Management (OTM):
- Pre-configured business scenarios for various verticals
- OTM integration expertise: Single holistic view
- OTM extension packs for domain-specific business requirements
- Advanced analytics and reporting
- Automated payments and settlements
- Dynamic planning and re-optimization
- Optimal mode and carrier selection
- Load tendering