SmartAssist - Targeted Mobile Promotions
The Situation Today
With customers increasingly interacting through their smartphones for their travel needs, airlines can use this key channel to engage them. According to Juniper Research, global mobile coupon usage will triple to around 300 million, and redemption value will approach $6 billion by 2014.
Airlines can push offers to customers through their smartphones that can drive cross-sell, or push offers that help a customer engage further with the airline.
Scenarios of how these coupons can be used include:
- Providing a discounted lounge pass when a flight is delayed
- Offering a last minute upgrade offer before a passenger has checked in at the airport
- Discounted offers for checking in baggage at kiosks
- Providing an offer with a partner retailer at the airport
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s SmartAssist solution is a mobile platform that enables airlines to generate ancillary revenue or engage customers by providing offers on their smartphones.
Offers can be sent to customers in a variety of ways including bar-coded coupons that can be scanned at check-in kiosks or at point of sale systems at retailers. Airlines can offer a variety of coupons including Buy One Get One (BOGO), $ off, or providing a product for free.
Coupons can be configured to be sent to customers when they are in the selected vicinity, thus ensuring that offers are relevant to the customer. Coupons can be configured to be one time or multiple-use depending on the promotion.
Customers can view these promotions and save the ones that interest them to the mobile application for later use.
What You Can Expect
- Increase ancillary revenues and engage customers by providing relevant offers
- Target the right customer at the right time through personalized and relevant offers
- Flexibility of redemption, anytime, anywhere, through a variety of options
- Increase customer engagement
- Increase redemption and reduce paper usage