For your information the contest is governed by the below terms and conditions -
1. The Promoter of this Hackathon (event) is "HCL Technologies Limited" with its corporate headquarters at Technology Hub, SEZ, Plot No. 3A, Sector 126, Noida – 201304, India.
“HackerEarth” for the purposes of hosting the event will receive applications and such other matters that may be necessary for successfully organizing this event.
2. As “Official Partners” to this “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event”, partner organisation agrees to share all information requested and featured alongside other partnering organisations, all information for which will be shared by the Promoter in entirety.
3. “Official Partners” are free to provide their own SDKs, problem statement and/or dataset to the “Developer/Team” that chooses to work on their problem statement.
4. For information about how to register for the event, participate, and types of prizes refer to the following link: www.hcltech.com/unitedbyhcl-hackathon Entries not made in accordance with these Terms are ineligible.
5. The “Developer / Team” may enter the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event” (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”) by submitting an Idea related to one or more of the competition themes. There are no limits on the number of submissions that a single applicant can make for this contest. Selection is subject to the judges’ panel discretion.
6. This “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event” held by the Promoter is open to everyone across the globe.
7. The Idea must be submitted through the campaign website. The Promoter or HackerEarth reserves the right to disqualify any submissions that do not comply with the specifications stipulated on the event site www.hcltech.com/unitedbyhcl-hackathon .
8. The contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the outcome. Eligible entries will be uploaded to https://www.hackerearth.com/sprints/unitedbyhcl/ and will be evaluated and judged by a panel of judges determined by the Promoter and HackerEarth. The panel of judges will determine which is the best code per themes based on the following parameters:
9. The decisions made by the Promoter and/or its appointed judges are final and binding in all manners and no appeals shall be entertained for any reasons whatsoever. The Promoter and/or its appointed judges reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to determine there are no winners or fewer than the maximum number of winners.
10. All internal hackathons for Promoter’s “official partners” will be managed by HackerEarth end to end including creation of challenge statements basis suggested themes by partners as well as launch of their individual challenge page. All the Internal challenges will be domain restricted challenge, and the “official partners” participating in the Internal hackathon will be providing business themes to HackerEarth.
11. The “Developer / Team” hereby agree that the Promoter its affiliates and partners reserve the right to use all codes and biographies that are submitted by the Developers for the “Hackathon Event” for the purposes of evaluation, promotion, and any other purpose that the Promoter deems fit to the extent permitted by law, including without limitations for publicity purposes and communications related to the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event”
12. The “Developer / Team” is prohibited from submitting to this contest any codes, graphics, images or any material for which he/she is not the sole and rightful owner. If any third party alleges that any such material submitted by the Developer infringes the copyright or other proprietary right of such third party, then Promoter / HackerEarth will disqualify that team from participation.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any copyright violations and cannot guarantee the legality of the codes, images, or material entered in the contest or displayed on its website or online or offline communications.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any code submission that includes any logo of, text mentioning, endorsement of, including company or product, of an HCL competitor from participating in the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event” and appearing on the campaign site.
15. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be held personally liable for any damages of any kind including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damage arising out of usage of the materials provided by Promoter or HackerEarth as part of the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event”.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for the license usage of the hardware and software that Developers use to produce or create the codes that are submitted.
17. Promoter shall not be responsible for:
(a) Including points pertaining to the solution that will be developed for the organization (authenticity/credibility etc.)
(b) Any tampering with the data provided, if any by the organizations, by the developers.
(c) Any kind of loss that is incurred by anybody from the “official partner” organizations while travelling for the hackathon.
(d) Any problem that arises due to the prizes offered by “official partner” whether it is an internship/ goodies etc.
(e) If no team in the hackathon chooses to apply for the challenge/challenges posted by the “official partner”
18. The Promoter will notify all winners by mail, e-mail, or telephone at the Promoter’s discretion within 25 days after the contest has ended. The names of the winners will be listed on the campaign website.
19. The Developer (including his or her heirs, executor and/or administrators) hereby agree to fully indemnify and hold the Promoter and each of the Promoter’s representative offices, authorized agencies and sponsors and the directors, officers, employees and assignees thereof (“the Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, loss or damage (including but not limited to economic loss, damage to any property or injury to or death of any person and any legal costs) that may be suffered or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties arising whether directly or indirectly from any:
(a) Negligent act or omission or wilful default, misconduct or fraud of the Developer;
(b) Action, claim, loss, damage, cost and expense whatsoever brought against, suffered or incurred arising from or about any breach of the terms and conditions hereunder by the Developer.
20. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to:
(a) Cancel or modify the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event”, or any part thereof
(b) Determine and/or amend, by addition to, deletion from or variation of, these terms and conditions without prior notification, including but not limited to, the eligibility terms and criteria for the campaign and the selection of winners
(c) Substitute, withdraw, or cancel any prize without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefor and without any payment or compensation whatsoever.
21. Neither the Promoter nor the Promoter’s representative offices, authorized agencies, or any other associated sponsors or partners associated with the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event” shall be held liable for any failure or omission to carry out the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event” in accordance with these terms and conditions or for any loss or damage suffered by the Developer if such failure, omission, loss or damage arises out of or in connection with any event of force majeure, including without limitation any calamity or conditions, acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotion, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotages, strikes, fires, lockouts, shortages of material or labor, terrorist activity, epidemic, quarantine restrictions, health risk or any defect, failure, or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, Promoter's representative offices, authorized agencies and any sponsor associated with the “#UnitedByHCL Hackathon Event”, as the case may be.
The terms and condition as mentioned above with respect to the contest are tentative in nature and subject to some modifications as may be necessary to protect the interest of Promoters and Partners.