- The idea reduced the number of people required to maintain the servers
- This idea, from Vasanth’s team, also resulted in huge savings for the client
- Vasanth’s idea was a smarter deployment of technology, aimed to reduce customer’s cost.
- Vasanth suggested to use hi-end boxes with multiple partitions, where each partition functioned like an independent server
- The client had no subject matter expert to assess the technical needs and budget savings
- Client’s servers were about 10-15 years old and when the large servers were introduced, it escalated their hosting charges
- The client is one of the world’s prominent wine manufacturers, distributers and brewery firms
- Vasanth from HCL was helping the client in hosting servers