Q&A on SAP Instance Consolidation
introduction to the topic
Significant cost reduction opportunities are associated with instance consolidation. Studies show that the average operational cost of running a single SAP instance could be up to 30% lower than running multiple instances.
Organizations planning an eventual move to SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA) will need to upgrade their installations prior to migration. Consolidating on a single instance prior to an eventual SAP S/4HANA migration offers not only immediate business and IT operational savings, but will also result in significant cost savings for the SAP S/4HANA migration. But what tools and processes are available to consolidate SAP instances throughout your company?
Join our live Q&A on October 22 with Ian Greenhalgh, Head of Applications Strategy at HCL Technologies, to ask your questions on instance consolidation strategies, what warning signs to look out for before embarking on a consolidation project, and best practices to ensure the process of aligning a single set of processes is as streamlined as possible. During this live online chat, ask Ian your questions such as:
- Why should I consolidate my SAP landscape? What is the business case around instance consolidation?
- What do you look for when you analyze existing SAP installations prior to embarking on a consolidation project?
- How do you use the information gathered by your assessment tools to accelerate the consolidation project?
- How can I best position my environment for a low-cost migration to SAP S/4HANA?
- How do I avoid having to re-implement SAP at similar costs to the original implementations?
About the speaker
Head, Applications Strategy, HCL Technologies
Ian is head of applications strategy for HCL. In this role, he is responsible for developing and delivering new technology-based propositions across HCL’s applications business. He is actively involved in working with clients to analyze issues and opportunities, architecting, and implementing innovative technology, business change and operational improvement solutions to fulfill these needs. Ian has been heavily involved in developing solutions and delivering many of HCL’s largest SAP transformation programs in both North America and Europe.