According to industry estimates most of the business critical applications for not only midsize companies, but also many Fortune 500 corporations run on legacy systems, due to the system’s excellent performance and stability. CIO’s and IT managers handling these applications constantly face challenges such as:
- High cost of supporting and maintaining the expensive legacy applications.
- Inefficient, slow and less productive system compared to competition.
- Unmitigated risk associated with lack of skill availability in the resource market.
- Risk associated with running business critical application on unsupported platform.
- Higher time to market due to large, monolithic, complex and less productive systems.
- Integration with newer systems due to incompatibility with new and different technologies.
This white paper talks about -
- Drivers for legacy modernization
- Market overview
- Myths about modernization
- HCL’s legacy modernization methodology and solution.