Location on map
HCL In Europe
HCL’s journey in Europe began in 1999, providing an integrated suite of services — including IT services, infrastructure management, engineering and R&D, and business services — to companies throughout Europe. HCL thinks global but acts local, developing world-class innovations and working closely with clients through relationships that go beyond the contract. Through the years, HCL has won several important European contracts, placing it at the top of the European Service Providers list.
Today, HCL is present in 18 European countries, houses 21 delivery and innovation centers, employs over 4500 professionals, and provides transformational value for over 200 European customers.
PERFORMANCE SO FAR
- HCL Europe’s revenues accounted for nearly 33% of the company’s overall revenue as on 30th June 2014
- HCL Europe has enjoyed a CAGR of 23% from 2010 to 2014
- HCL has formally inaugurated two new Global Delivery Centers – one in Oslo, Norway, and the other in Texas (USA). The Centers will function as onshore hubs to provide Transformational IT Infrastructure and Application Services to its customers
- HCL and Tele2, a leading European Telecommunications Operator, have entered into a strategic partnership to address substantial market opportunities for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions in Europe. Read more
- HCL and Aegon jointly launched a Digital Innovation Lab in The Hague, Netherlands focused on delivering customer experience excellence through the adoption of the latest digital technologies. Read more
- HCL has signed an IoT engagement with a leading European Manufacturer to implement its next-gen business strategy. As a part of this multi-year engagement, HCL will develop a client-specific platform and harness the intelligence from its industrial equipment commissioned globally. HCL’s IoT solutions and approach aim to enable the customer’s drive for the significant growth of their Services Business.
- HCL has been signed on for an ALT ASMTM engagement by a leading European Manufacturer.
- HCL has been selected by a leading fixed-line and mobile telecom services provider in Europe to deliver transformation and re-engineering of business processes to deliver end-to-end customer lifecycle process management.
- HCL has signed a multi-year deal with one of Europe’s Largest Forestry, Paper & Packaging companies to provide IT end user support across multiple regions, including multi-lingual service desk, device management, and onsite support.
- A leading European Bank has further strengthened its strategic partnership with HCL by renewing its application support engagement for 10 years. Under this deal HCL will apply its next generation transformational solutions to drive further agility into the Bank’s application operations.
- HCL won an IT Infrastructure contract from one of the world’s leading manufacturing companies for managing its IT infrastructure. The scope of the engagement includes new technology roll-outs and service provisioning from HCL service delivery centers in Poland, India and China.
- DNB, Norway’s Largest Financial Services institution entrusted HCL with running the Bank’s IT operations (May 2014) Read more
- Student Loans Company (SLC) invested in a major IT transformation program with HCL Great Britain Ltd. to advance customer service and payments efficiency (May 2014) Read more
- HCL announced a deal with the Swiss Pharmaceutical company, Novartis , marking a key win in the DACH region (May 2014) - Read more
With a thorough understanding of European business operations, HCL has very successfully rendered transformational solutions to its clients. Several technical and non-technical principles have contributed to the success of these engagements:
- ALT ASM™: HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing. While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
- Enterprise Functions as a Service (EFaaSTM): Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR that form the central support to the organization. HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business process with IT and infrastructure to give you cost savings at every level! In addition, EFaaS™ helps increase profitability while making enterprise functions lean, agile, flexible and scalable.
- Digital Systems Integration (DSI™): HCL’s DSI services are an answer to a modern corporation’s dilemma in effectively transforming itself from a legacy-driven traditional organization to a digitalized corporation. Our DSI services enable traditional organizations compete against “born digital” competitors through a strategy called reborn digital™, which analyzes and connects the organization’s legacy systems, assesses its readiness for the digital age, and addresses the challenges through solutions that create a complete digital enterprise.
- Employees First: HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™. Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
- Relationship Beyond The ContractTM: Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL Technologies has been positioned as a ‘Leader’ in The Forrester Wave™: Global Infrastructure Outsourcing, Q1 2015, by William Martorelli and Wolfgang Benkel, January 13, 2015, Forrester Research Inc. “HCL enjoys a solid reputation for flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and technological capability, which gives it an extremely strong value proposition”, the Report said.
- IDC has published an opinion piece titled “HCL continues its European Success Through 2014, March 2015” (doc # lcUK25499715). “HCL recently launched a consumer experience and innovation center (called cXstudio) in the Netherlands with Aegon to deliver customer experience excellence through the adoption of the latest digital technologies with a key focus on mobility”, the Report said.
- IDC has written an exclusive case study titled “The HCL and Microsoft Mobile Oy story: IT operations for the third platform”, October 2014 (IDC #QL57W). The reports stated, “The most important success factor for this project was cost reduction, which was achieved with HCL lowering the overall IT spend figure by over 50%. Additionally, HCL completed the complex transition and transformation exercise within the six-month target.”
- HCL has been rated as a ‘Star Performer’ in Everest Group PEAK Matrix™ for Banking AO in Europe, 2014, Insurance AO 2014 and Infrastructure Services ITO, 2014.
- HCL has been recognized as ‘Star Performer’ in Capital Markets BPO in Everest’s report “Capital Markets BPO Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2014” published by Rajesh Ranjan - Partner, Anupam Jain - Practice Director, Manu Aggarwal – Senior Analyst, Amardeep Modi – Analyst, Everest Group, November 2014.
- Cornell University has published a case-study showcasing HCL’s unique culture of grassroots, customer-focused innovation. Titled, “Building Ideapreneurship Capability - Delivering Differentiated Customer Value From the Frontline”, the case-study underlined the business impact delivered by the various Ideapreneurship programs at HCL.
- HCL has been recognized as a Top Employer in the UK for the ninth consecutive year, for HR best practices. The prestigious award conferred by the Top Employers Institute recognizes leading organizations “that provide excellent working conditions, nurture and develop talent, and continuously strive to optimize employment practices”.
- HCL has won the National Outsourcing Association award for ‘Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year 2014’ in recognition of its ability “to deliver both initial and ongoing business value to clients, incorporating best practices, continuous service innovation and also demonstrable commitment to the development and future of the industry”.
- HCL has been declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014 Read more
- HCL was recognized as a champion of Women’s Empowerment principles. Read more
- HCL has been named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Mobile Application Development and Testing Services 2014 Vendor Assessment, December 2014, (IDC #252565). Read more
- HCL won the ‘TISS LeapVault CLO Gold Award 2014’ under the Blended Learning Program category for its Project Management Structured Effectiveness Program (PMStEP).