Location on Map
HCL started operations in Japan in 1993 although HCL had business relationship with Japanese companies from 1978. It was named as "HCL Technologies Japan Ltd" in 1998. By 2001 HCL had a good understanding of working with Japanese customers and started successfully servicing Japanese companies. In 2005, "HCL Technologies Japan Ltd" was re-named "HCL Japan Ltd." as part of a global strategy to brand HCL as one "enterprise," capable of providing a wide range of services across the globe.
HCL provides its services to customers located all over Japan directly as well as through its business partners. Today HCL has a strong team of people inlcuding bilingual engineers working out of customer locations across Japan, and currently has strong presence especially in Kanto, Kansai and Chubu region.
Our Focus and Credentials
Japan is one of the strategic development markets for HCL. Right from the beginning HCL had a clear focus that it should create relationships with Japan originated companies. HCL is committed to supporting and servicing Japanese companies which are the true foundation for the Japanese economy.
Operating in Japan for nearly 20 years, HCL deeply understands Japanese business procedures and practices, and especially over the decade HCL Japan has built an image of a reliable and a trust-worthy company with its customers. Today more than 90% of HCL Japan’s customers are Japanese companies, and has developed time-tested specific business models to service Japanese business requirements which undergoes very frequent specification changes and demands strong understanding of customer intent.
HCL puts strong focus and regular investments in training Project Managers and Engineering resources for Japanese business processes and culture understanding. In this decade HCL looks forward to supporting Japanese companies as they globalize and grow outside Japan with its strong understanding of Japanese business culture. HCL is also well placed to support Japanese companies in APAC, ME and Africa region due to the strong presence of HCL in ASEAN, ANZ, North Asia and South Africa.
HCL engages with each customer differently, imbibing the patterns and characteristics of the customer organisation and their industries. HCL has a history of building unique partnerships – co-courcing models, strategic alliances and joint ventures – to make each relationship yield more business value than is normally expected for both partners. We have a service philosophy reflective of the standards and practices across our customers’ organisations globally.
At HCL Japan, we understand the needs of Japanese market and effectively deliver innovative IT-enabled business solutions to our Japanese clients by addressing the cultural and language diversities. HCL operates a specialized strategic business unit called the Japan Business Unit (JBU), which is an organization based in India and part of the entire Japan delivery operations. The JBU handles not only the language and cultural aspect in terms of training engineers, but also plays an extremely pivotal and important role in program management and customer experience. Native Japanese part of Offshore JBU to help upgrade Japanese capabilities and bring value in Japan oriented activities, client interactions, events organized in Japan and Training initiatives.
Highlights of our Japan operation are:
- Long term relationships with top Japanese companies
- Good understanding of Japanese business processes and practices
- Continuous process improvement & institutionalized learning
- Japan Business Unit (JBU) located in Noida and Chennai; exclusively for Japan with long term commitment to the Japanese market
- Onsite technical coordination by bilingual engineers and Japanese language experts
- Continuous training programs to impart knowledge of Japanese language & culture
HCL Japan provides a wide range of services to its Japanese clients through its time tested project management methodology specially designed for Japanese market. Some of areas in which HCL has been working with its clients include product design and development, embedded software, enterprise solutions, application development, management and maintenance, web solutions, and quality consulting.
- HCL provides a wide range of services to its Japanese clients through its time-tested project-management methodology especially designed for the Japanese market. It services to its Japanese customers in a matrix form of Vertical and Horizontal services, with strong focus on domain and business understanding.
- HCL’s strength in Japan is in such industry verticals as Manufacturing, Hi-Tech, Medical Devices, Office Automation equipments and Consumer Electronics.
- Product Engineering Services is an especially strong area among the horizontal services HCL Japan offers in these verticals.
- In the recent past HCL Japan has also made strong investments in terms of hiring Japanese Business Consultants to provide accelerated growth in EAS/Enterprise Application Services (SAP, ORACLE and Microsoft Solutions) and Applications in Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical and Automotive industries.
- With very dedicated focus, HCL has developed local product partner eco-system to provide ERP Solutions to its Japanese customers from year 2007.
Today, HCL has Premium Partnership with SAP, ORACLE and Microsoft in Japan.
HCL has a strong presence in Japan, providing all the advantages expected from local Japanese vendors as well as the strengths and benefits of a leading global IT company based in India. For instance a large globalised work-force skilled in various IT Technologies, sophisticated process methodology (CMMI etc), Cost merit, and Global delivery capability.
- Doing business with Japanese companies in Japanese language, including; bi-lingual engineers, Japanese documentation and Japanese communication;
- Flexible models of business and ways of working to suit Japan business;
- Providing global best practices to Japanese companies;
- Investing along with the customer in new business areas for mutual win-win;
- The only Indian company who has formed joint venture with a large Japanese system integrator;
- Very strong focus on Japanese business culture, process and customer value;
- Having agility and flexibility to develop business models suiting to customer business growth;
- Strong top management focus for JAPAN market.
HCL also believes in developing strong human relationship as the basic foundation for business innovation and growth.
- Working with a leading MFP manufacturers providing m/w, f/w and application support
- Embedded GUI Software development Tool, specifically to cater Japanese hand-held devices market
- Cisco Japan: providing Systems/Solutions validation services before the systems/solutions are introduced in the market
- Fujitsu: providing Software Product maintenance services, especially for their legacy platforms
- Fuji Xerox: provided Concept to Prototyping engineering services
- Also currently involved in engagements related to SAP and application development projects
HCL Japan works with some of the biggest names in Japanese industry including NEC (with whom we have a JV since 2005), Konica Minolta and Kyocera Mita to name a few.
For more details, kindly visit: http://www.hcljapan.co.jp/
HCL Office in Japan
HCL Japan Ltd
19F, NBF Hibiya Bldg., 1-1-7 Uchisaiwai-cho,Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011