HCL in Malaysia
HCL In HCL in Malaysia
Since 1985, HCL has been enabling businesses in Malaysia to compete better in a technology-driven world. More than 60 companies, including Fortune 500 companies are HCL's customers in this region. HCL was one of the first companies to achieve Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status in Malaysia, a designation awarded by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDEC), Malaysia to companies that participate in the country's ICT initiatives.
HCL has been operating in Malaysia for over three decades and has established strong relationships with leading companies in the banking and financial services, insurance, semiconductors, oil and gas, hi-tech, retail, manufacturing, logistics, travel and automobile industries. HCL has also been involved with the ePerolehan project, which is moving government procurement activities to the Internet, and e-Services, a government-to-citizens portal.
Several principles at the core of HCL have contributed to the success of these engagements:
Employees First - Our unique management philosophy, based on trust and transparency, empowers frontline employees to create value for customers every day. This thinking — described in the best-selling book Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down (Harvard Business Press, 2010) by former CEO Vineet Nayar — has created a distinctive culture of employee-driven innovation. We call it ideapreneurship, and it is yielding excellent business outcomes for both HCL and our customers.
- Established in Malaysia since 1985 - strong relationships with leading companies in banking and financial services, insurance, semiconductors, oil and gas, hi-tech, manufacturing, travel, and logistics industries
- HCL was one of the first companies to achieve Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status in Malaysia, a designation awarded by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDEC) to companies that participate in the country's ICT initiatives
- Employees First, Relationship Beyond the Contract, and Global Delivery, Local Center of Gravity are some of the core principles contributing to the success of our engagements in this region
- HCL's APAC Customer Advisory Council helps us align solutions with local market requirements; provides an exceptional platform for clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- HCL's Global Delivery Center, providing enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft) and support to local and global customers, is the largest in Malaysia and the ASEAN region.
- 85 percent of HCL employees in the region are Malaysians - the remaining 15 percent are from different ASEAN cultures
- HCL supports more than 60 clients in Malaysia through its regional and global delivery center
- Our awards and achievements in Malaysia include the Top Performer SAP Education award in 2012,SAP Education Partner 2011, and the Outstanding Smarter Planet Award from IBM in 2011
A Relationship Beyond the Contract - Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract, not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Alt-ASM — our alternative approach to managing applications — and Enterprise Function as a Service (EFaaS) — our integrated end-to-end proposition for Enterprise Systems and business services across business functions — are just two of several initiatives in this direction.
Global Delivery, Local Center of Gravity “Think global, act local” drives our strategy for serving customers and partners in every region. Through global/local Centers of Excellence, the creation of talent pools in local markets, and the cultivation of an ecosystem of local and global partners for pioneering new technologies, propositions and delivery frameworks, HCL provides value to customers well beyond cost optimization.
Since entering the Malaysian market, HCL has been widely recognized for its commitment to the country’s business and societal issues:
HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council- This group helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements and serves as an exceptional platform for HCL clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices. The Council has been recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers.
Commitment to local job creation- HCL’s delivery model, which has both a global and a local focus, ensures that the best talent is available to clients in every region. In our Malaysia office, we employ more than 600 IT professionals, comprising of more than 50% of SAP consultants providing implementation and support services.
Commitment to quality of services- HCL has been designing, building, and deploying world class enterprise application software — delivering value to its customers through measurable business benefits. We have helped customers implement changes to their business practices and processes optimally and economically.