HCL worked with a large corporation that provides financial advisory services to businesses, to enhance several of its self-service portals which were low performing and had stability issues that exposed them to security vulnerabilities. HCL implemented a highly secure common Core Portal Framework that became the base for all transactions through these portals, enabled through single sign-on access. This significantly enhanced operational flexibility and helped the company optimize its costs and revenue growth.
HCL In Malaysia
Since 1985, HCL has been enabling businesses in Malaysia to compete better in a technology-driven world. More than 60 companies, including Fortune 500 companies in the banking and financial services, insurance, telecommunications, semiconductor, oil and gas, hi-tech, retail, manufacturing, logistics, travel, and automobile industries are HCL's customers in this region.
HCL, a well-established software company in Malaysia, has one of the largest SAP delivery centers in this region, delivering services from two locations – Kuala Lumpur and Penang for regional and global customers. Over 70% of HCL employees in Malaysia are locals.
HCL was one of the first companies to achieve Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status in Malaysia, a designation awarded by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDEC), Malaysia to companies that participate in the country's ICT initiatives.
- HCL is a strategic IT partner to DiGi Telecommunications (a Telenor Group Company). HCL manages its entire online platform and marketing operations.
- HCL has built and currently operates the Digital Asset Management/Ecommerce portal for FINAS – The National Film Development Corporation of Malaysia under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Commission.
- HCL is creating value for Electrolux and SC Johnson. HCL runs their Service Desks from Malaysia in multiple Asian languages, such as Mandarin, Bahasa Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- HCL is working with Petronas ICT in multiple areas, including SAP Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Program Management, Application Development, and Mobility Consulting.
- HCL successfully enabled the Business Transformation of Malaysian Airlines on SAP.
- HCL is involved in the Loans Origination Transformation initiatives of multiple banks across Malaysia.
- HCL is executing several key projects for the 2 largest Banks in Malaysia, some of which include Trade Finance portal deployment, Research Automation, Derivatives and Structured Products implementation, CRM, Payments Transformation, Custodian Solutions, Channel Services Architecture, Data Warehousing, the setting up of competency centres, and SOA and BPM initiatives.
- HCL has been entrusted with a large-scale portal revamp project for one of the largest Insurers in Malaysia. The project covers an end-to-end platform refresh, and security and GUI enhancements.
HCL worked with a large corporation that provides financial advisory services to businesses, to enhance several of its self-service portals, which were low performing and had stability issues that exposed them to security vulnerabilities. HCL implemented a highly secure common Core Portal Framework that became the base for all transactions through these portals, enabled through single sign-on access. This significantly enhanced operational flexibility and helped the company optimize its costs and revenue growth.Return To Top
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL’s delivery model ensures that the best talent is available to clients in Malaysia
- HCL employs more than 600 IT professionals of which more than 70 percent are Malaysians
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- The Top Performer SAP Education Award 2012
- SAP Education Partner 2011
- Outstanding Smarter Planet Award from IBM in 2011
- HCL designs, builds, deploys and supports world-class enterprise application software for local and global customers through its Global Delivery Center in Malaysia - the largest in the ASEAN region