HCL in Hong Kong
Hong Kong — an ever evolving industrial economy — has exceptional infrastructure and a government that fully supports outsourcing, giving companies maximum room for business innovation. Industries in Hong Kong have a high potential for growth as they continue to upgrade their technology and introduce innovation to their businesses through collaboration with global partners.
For more than two decades, HCL has been serving large enterprises in the financial services, travel and transportation, gaming, public, and retail industries in Hong Kong. In creating value for Asia’s largest life insurance services provider, Hong Kong’s largest airline company, a premier gaming resort in Macau, and a leading global investment bank, among others, HCL has drawn on several core technical and non-technical principles:
- Operating in Hong Kong for more than two decades across financial services, travel and transportation, gaming, public, and retail industries
- More than half of our Hong Kong clients have access to HCL’s onsite workforce that is more than 70% local
- Employees First, Relationship Beyond the Contract, and Global Delivery, Local Center of Gravity are some of the core principles contributing to the success of these engagements
- HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council helps us align solutions with local market requirements; provides an exceptional platform for clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Helping local businesses expand in to mainland China; customers also leverage cost benefits from our China delivery center
- Digital Systems Integration (DSI™): HCL’s DSI services are an answer to a modern corporation’s dilemma in effectively transforming itself from a legacy driven traditional organization to a digitalized corporation. Our DSI services enable traditional organizations compete against “born digital” competitors through a strategy called reborn digital™, which analyzes and connects the organization’s legacy systems, assesses its readiness for the digital age, and addresses the challenges through solutions that create a complete digital enterprise.
- ALT ASM™: HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing. While other IT Vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagement, we proactively try to eradicate it. By focusing on this cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
- Employees First: Our unique management philosophy, based on trust and transparency, empowers frontline employees to create value for customers every day. This thinking — described in the best-selling book Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down (Harvard Business Press, 2010) by former CEO Vineet Nayar — has created a distinctive culture of employee-driven innovation. We call it ideapreneurship, and it is yielding excellent business outcomes for both HCL and our customers.
- A Relationship Beyond the Contract: Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
Since entering the Hong Kong market, we have been widely recognized for our commitment to addressing both business and societal goals in Hong Kong:
HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council. This group helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements and serves as an exceptional platform for HCL clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices. The Council has been recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers.
Commitment to local job creation. HCL’s “glocalized” delivery model ensures that the best talent is available to clients in every region where HCL operates. In Hong Kong, HCL serves 60% of its clients onsite through a workforce that is more than 70% local.
Commitment to accelerate market growth. Our presence in Hong Kong and mainland China helps Hong Kong businesses expand to the mainland and leverage the cost benefits from our China delivery center. As our clients in Hong Kong continue to adopt emerging technologies to achieve innovation, our global resource pool delivers services to ensure business continuity and sustainability in the region