HCL TECHNOLOGIES: AN INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTION ENTERPRISE
At the dawn of the new millennium, a unique information technology company was born: HCL Technologies. As narrated in the video below, HCL Technologies has demonstrated remarkable growth through the recent economic downturn, emerging as one of only eight 21st century listed technology companies in the world to cross $1bn in Net Profit, $6bn in Revenue and $15bn in Market Capitalization.
This was possible because we believe that real value lies in the relationship created between customer and provider, which is built on three deeply rooted value systems:
- We put Employees First, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for our customers, making HCL Technologies the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
- Our fixation on Value Centricity is dedicated to delivering more value for our clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract.
- Our belief in Trust, Transparency and Flexibility drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm.
While we pride our eye to detail in constructing robust contracts with clients, we realize that only a Relationship Beyond the Contract can capture what will change tomorrow.
The management's role at HCL Technologies is to empower employees to believe in the power of ideas - a culture we call Ideapreneurship. Helping clients from all spheres of work through innovative technology solutions, Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses - one relationship at a time.
- Revenue: US$ 6.0 bn as on 30th June, 2015 (on LTM basis) - – Latest Annual Report
- Geographies: Operating in 31 countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
Diversity and Inclusion:
- 100 nationalities
- Percentage of senior hires/local hires outside India: 79% in the Americas, 86% in Europe, 83% in APAC/MEA
- 24% women in the global workforce
- Affinity Networks by gender, ability, nationality, and more
- Working Across Borders through multi-cultural orientation
- Work Life Continuity by supporting employee well-being through inclusive policies, support systems and employee assistance programs
- Positive Work Environment through awareness forums and channels
- Advocacy through diversity champions promoting diverse talent
Over the years, we have seen these values manifest in the form of platforms such as the Value Portal, where front line employees have generated and implemented ideas that have unlocked close to $600mn of unforeseen business value for our customers. Or MAD JAM, a celebration of employee-seeded ideas that are nurtured by leaders and harvested into successful business offerings.
We believe that our deeply ingrained value system has helped us win multiple awards, establishing us as a leading IT provider among our Indian peers. These awards include the ICSI Corporate Governance Award, Best Governed Company from the Asia Center for Corporate Governance and the CNBC Outstanding Company of the Year Award.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Independent Software Vendors
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Life Sciences and Healthcare