- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Effective date: November 15th 2019
Who are we?
We are HCL Technologies Pvt Ltd. ("HCL", "we" or "us"). Corporate Towers, HCL Technology Hub, Plot No 3A, Sector 126, Noida - 201303. UP (India).
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How do we share your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
- How do we safeguard your personal information?
- How will we update this Policy?
- Other important information.
- How can you contact us about this Policy?
What personal information do we collect?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or online services. You may supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append information from other sources, such as Google Analytics, to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes, such as maintaining an accurate marketing database.
We gather date, time and certain additional information about a user's browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences. When you submit information through a form on one of our websites, we capture and store your IP address and email address. We use this information for website personalization purposes.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information we collect to:
- provide and administer our services;
- understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
- contact you and answer your questions;
- market and advertise our products and services to you;
- allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
- keep our systems, users, employees and services safe; and
- provide you with the information or support you requested.
How do we share your personal information?
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties such as to other members of the HCL group of companies and to vendors that work on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
In certain situations, HCL may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security requirements as well as instances requiring co-operation with law enforcement agencies where mandated by law.
As further required by Law (including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or asset sales, but only if the acquiring organization agrees to this Policy’s protections ), we may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Where do we keep your personal information?
We collect, store, and process information on servers around the world and may access that information globally. If you are located in the European Union, please note that your personal data may be transferred out of, or stored outside, the European Economic Area. The privacy protections in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected through adequate safeguards, copies of which are available from us on request at the email address below.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
European law gives individuals a number of rights in relation to their personal information. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. These include the right to access, and in some circumstances to amend, delete, or restrict the continued processing of, personal information. Please note that deleting your information or restricting the continued processing of your information may limit our ability to continue to provide our websites, applications, and online services to you.
You have a choice about:
- Whether to receive email marketing messages from us. You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the opt-out directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all HCL email marketing, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whether to share information about yourself and your use of our sites with third parties including social media sites.
- If you join one of our online communities, such as www.straighttalk.hcl.com, your comments as well as certain information about you may be visible to other members of the community. Please take a moment to understand how each forum works and what choices you have.
- If you use credentials from a third party, like Facebook, to register, then that third party will also record the fact that you have registered for our sites and may use that information consistent with its own privacy statements and practices. If you use Share, Like or similar social media buttons, those actions may be posted elsewhere (such as on the relevant social media sites).
- Whether to allow certain uses of cookies and other data collection technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy.
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account, or by contacting us at email@example.com if you have any questions about your rights. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. You may also contact your local Data Protection Authority.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We use a range of security measures to protect your personal information. Please be aware, however, that HCL cannot guarantee that third parties will safeguard your personal information in a similar manner. Unencrypted information - including information sent via E-mail - may also be able to be read by third parties. As a user of our services, you are responsible for protecting the information you provide, including user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will we update this Policy?
Other important information.
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by HCL. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities. They are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
How can you contact us about this Policy?
If you are located in Americas: Global Privacy Office, HCL America Inc., 623 5th Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10022; or If you are located within the European Union, Middle East and Africa: HCL (Ireland) Information system Limited, 43-46 Marlborough Street, Dublin D01N279, Ireland
If you are located in APAC: Global Privacy Office, HCL Technologies Limited, Plot No 3A, Sector 126, Noida – 201303, Uttar Pradesh, India
Additionally, the contact information for the Grievance Officer for India is: Bharath Ram V, Global Privacy Office. Contact: email@example.com
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.