Energy and Utilities (E&U)
What keeps you up at night?
Whether you are an IT professional or a business leader, understanding the opportunities available with the cloud for hosting, software and support lead to tremendous value when applied to your organization’s CIS. Nevertheless, utilities often adopt the wait and watch approach to ascertain whether a new technology or product has reached an acceptable level of maturity before considering it. Utilities spend on average 2.8 percentage of their revenue on IT and an annual average of $18K of IT support per employee. This expenditure is vested in mission critical hardware that the business relies on for high-availability, but no matter how great the investment, hardware can and does fail. With the optimum capex/opex model it’s actually a win-win scenario for both the utility and the utility commission.
Why should you consider HCL?
- Cloud partner. We understand the challenges organizations face when adopting new technologies, and that’s why we provide cloud consulting services to help customers evaluate the cloud as part of their overall IT service. We recommend a delivery strategy; determine the opex/capex ratios, ROI, the target operating model, people, process and technology for using cloud. Through a network of 1800 HCL security professionals we work with clients to ensure that their security and data compliance standards are stringently met. As a platinum partner of the Cloud Security Alliance and a working group member in the Cloud Computing Panel at the World Economic Forum (WEF), HCL helps provide an unbiased assessment and defines a strategic and business-oriented cloud adoption strategy for customers.
- A broad footprint. HCL’s integrated service-delivery model is truly one of the most comprehensive energy consulting offerings in the industry, covering enterprise applications (around SAP and Oracle), customer service and billing, enterprise asset management, human capital management, finance and ERP, and business analytics. HCL also has industry innovations for prepay services, predictive analytics, and back-office optimizations, and combines services such as infrastructure, application management, and business process outsourcing. We are the only services company that can implement, support, operate, and innovate your end-to-end footprint.
- Operational excellence. HCL's BPO division commenced operations in 2001 with customer contact center services. It has grown to serve 30 clients in front office, billing, collections, account management, remittance processing, sales, workforce and order management. We provide services in over 8 global languages with a network of more than 10,000 professionals in 34 centers across the globe enabling round the clock support.
- Transformational solutions. HCL provides its own accelerators and solutions to ensure that customers are getting more out of their new or existing applications. Specific innovations include prepay services, high-volume contact center, back-office excellence, business planning and consolidation, maintenance repair and overhaul (iMRO), and many others.
- Comprehensive industry experience. Over 60 electric, gas, and water utilities around the globe, three of the largest energy companies in North America, two of the largest multiservice municipalities, and well over 20 million retail energy customers are supported through HCL.
- Valuable partnerships. HCL has established partnerships with some of the best names in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, HP, VMware, EMC, and Cisco, amongst others, to provide over 140 clients with hosting services supported by 7000 data center experts. We are one of the largest SAP Global Partners and a major partner for Oracle, globally.
How can HCL help you?
HCL provides a wide range of solutions in the E&U segment:
- HCLoud: HCLoud (pronounced H Cloud) is HCL’s latest Cloud ecosystem that offers the entire suite of cloud services for utility companies. It is available by judiciously combining private and public clouds to satisfy security and compliance standards and provide scalable infrastructure at an affordable price. Read more
- Smart Grid: Smart Grid initiatives focus on Smart Meters for Smart Homes, with household appliances operating on time-of-use pricing and demand-response programs. Read more
- Rapid Deployment toolkit for Utilities: RDT for utilities provides a flexible platform to jump-start a company's SAP implementation and integrate core business and back-office functions. Read more
- Benefits Led Utilities Solutions: We deliver successful business solutions that are measured by benefits rather than traditional outcomes. We provide utilities with the levers that decide the control versus risk that they wish to undertake or outsource. Read more
- mCEM: mCEM is HCL Enterprise Application Service’s (EAS) enhancement to allow utility customers to take control of their energy consumption through the Smart Grid and Smart Meter network, enabling customers reduce their energy usage and have greater visibility in to their consumption wherever they are. Read more
Contact us to set up a conversation with HCL.