Product Intelligence (PI)
The Situation Today
While companies constantly invest in product development, they also need to focus on their engineering and R&D activities in order to stay competitive in the long run. However, while building and maintaining products there are issues that must be overcome, such as the availability of resources, continuous revisions, unstructured product roadmaps, and the increasing impact of bugs. There is an urgent need for a solution which can help manage all these complexities.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s Product Intelligence (PI) is a solution designed to help companies address the business challenges arising because of the increasing scope and design complexity of their products. Product Intelligence PI enables product managers to take calculated decisions on multiple aspects of product development and management
- End-to-end server side solution that is customizable
- Focused analytics solution for the product lifecycle
- Product development focused intelligent engine design
- Product management - End to end product management aims to increase the market acceptance of a product and enhance customer experience. It helps in planning new releases effectively so as to increase the ROI and CSAT. It is aimed at setting up engineering telemetry data collection, processing, analysis and presentation of greenfield and existing systems.
- Product sustenance - PI has the ability to learn past execution history (especially the test execution strategy) and perform sustenance activities such as hotfix releases and service pack releases efficiently with limited resources and knowledge base
- Tech support - PI increases the effectiveness of tech support organizations by making them more proactive, intuitive and intelligent, and by integrating product management and engineering with tech support
- Machine to Machine- PI helps vendors to predict failures and plan preventive maintenance
- Knowledge Management - PI helps in identifying and classifying areas where customers need help
- Sales and Marketing - PI enables more focused marketing (geo, product, features, and editions) and helps to explore various cross-selling/up-selling opportunities
What You Can Expect
- Failure prediction helps companies plan predictive maintenance more effectively, leading to reduction in field support costs and product downtime
- PI provides product companies with insights on the popular product usage patterns of end customer, and enables them to design accurate product roadmaps by including product features that are more relevant
- Bug and enhancement request prioritization
- Optimize regression/other test suites by knowing various features/modules used by customers
- Get feedback of features from forums, communities, and fields
- Software defect localization and duplicate defect reduction
What We’ve Done For Others
- HCL’s Product Intelligence (PI) solution improved the testing and development efficiency in malware research by about 20% for one of the leading North American ISVs (Independent Software Vendors). It also increased the effectiveness of sales teams by providing insights into customer usage behavior patterns. Furthermore, PI’s unique framework generated an additional 20% savings through cloud storage by modifying the metadata layers.