Challenges you may be facing
Every Insurer faces internal challenges in relation to the productivity of their agents, producers, brokers, and employees, and to stay competitive out in the market, they need to reduce the cycle time for their product launches, improve their customers’ experience, and reduce the time, cost and effort in administering their policy transactions. In addition, they also need to proactively detect and prevent fraud, manage claims processes faster and adhere to risk and regulatory compliances to avoid paying penalties.
What we can do for you
HCL offers insurance software services and business-driven technology solutions that help Insurers overcome these challenges. Our in-depth knowledge, extensive insurance industry experience, domain competency, technology, proprietary tools, methodologies and frameworks, coupled with a value creation model is helping many global and regional insurance leaders to profitably improve their business.
What we offer:
- Micro-verticalised Services
- Life Insurance and Annuities
- Property and Casualty/ General Insurance
- Business Services
- Actuarial Services
- Niche Services
- New Product Introduction
- Building Flexibility through Enhancements and Simplification
- Insurance Consulting, Development, Maintenance, Testing and Application Portfolio Optimization (APO)
- Outsourced model, managed services, co-sourced managed services, project execution, co-sourced time and materials, transformation projects
- Collaborative working model supported by Governance platforms, helping clients gain complete visibility of their projects executed across locations and regions across the globe
- Agile methodology and tools such as PlayField™ to remove distortions and gaps in understanding business and technology alignment; Insurance solutions with zero-deviation
- BOT model, partner product implementations and services; building co-innovation labs
Why should you consider HCL?
- Business Aligned IT (BAIT) Approach: Although Insurers have a common objective of enhancing intrinsic value for customers, they face all of the typical challenges we have illustrated above. HCL’s unique BAIT approach can help resolve these challenges. It involves an integrated suite of insurance IT systems, and employs and leverages industry professionals with local industry business knowledge and technology experience, to provide the best options and best fit solutions while considering the associated impact.
- Improving performance by nurturing relationships: Post the recession, Insurers are working with a select set of IT players and insurance IT and insurance software services. This has helped them to contractually agree with specific quantifiable measurements (SLAs, operational level agreements), and significantly reduce cost. HCL has a client retention score of 98% and a client reference score of 4.72, which is the highest in the IT Industry. Our clients repeatedly select us to continue as their only Insurance solutions IT partner, and some of the top insurance clients have selected HCL as one of their Top 3 preferred partners.
Building scalability through investments and partnerships: Understanding the unique challenges and needs of Insurers, HCL has made significant investments in:[+][-]
- Centers of Excellence (CoE) / Labs (partner capabilities): Building CoEs to develop partner product expertize, technical expertise such as Guidewire, eBao tech, SFS, SAP, MS Dynamics, SFDC, PEGA, and more.
- Centers of Excellence (CoE) / Labs (client needs): Collaborating with customers to proactively identify needs on specific products/applications/technologies. HCL has over 10 labs (innovation, mobility, testing, and others) and built dedicated CoEs for one of the Top 10 IT services firms in India, and a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company.
- Developing accelerators/tools/POCs/frameworks: Some of these HCL assets are specific to insurance business processes and include over 10,000 test cases, assessment tools, and omni-channel frameworks for P&C Insurers, knowledge exchange platforms for underwriters specially designed for commercial specialty Insurers, and agent applications specific to the Life & Annuity insurance business.
- Addressing future needs through Thought Leadership: HCL observes key digital trends that are likely to disrupt the Insurance market. As a digital transformation partner for leading Insurance companies that are going digital, HCL has built a complete set of propositions covering the end-to-end digital needs of today’s global Insurance enterprises.
Delivering business value through people: Every Insurer struggles with getting the right people for their projects through their vendors. HCL has addressed this challenge through its unique, award winning ‘Ideapreneurship’ culture that enables employees focus on ‘value creation’. HCL has institutionalized this value creation model by implementing a single online platform – ‘Value Portal’ - that harnesses the ideas of more than 80,000 professionals across the organization.[+][-]
- 50% of HCL professionals are enrolled in leading Insurance certification programs - LOMA, IIA/ CPCU, CII
- HCL is the only SI with the world’s largest CoE for the eBao P&C Insurance package (end-to-end Insurance solution)
- Guidewire recognized HCL with an “Innovation Award” for the rapid implementation of end-to-end product suites
- Over 15 partners with niche digital platform vendors
- Over 50 Insurance-specific accelerators developed
- Over 1500 people across CoEs
- Over 15 dedicated labs for top Insurers across the globe
- Over 10,000 digital professionals
- Digital partner for over 20 large enterprises
- Serving over 200 clients in 31 countries
- Industry Recognition
- Gartner has assessed HCL at their highest rating of "Mature" with respect to HCL's capability in delivering ITO services to both Life Insurance and P&C Insurance customers
- HCL successfully delivered business critical projects for three customers who are recognized as “Model Insurers” by Celent
- Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), USA, recognizes HCL as the preferred IT integration service provider for successfully executing the integration project for a global Top 3 Insurer
- HCL is the only IT company in the world to be awarded for "Excellence in Insurance Education" for the 8th time by LOMA