Embedded System Software Development Tools & Solutions
Challenges we address
As organizations come under increasing pressure to achieve higher levels of device integration while reducing the associated cost, size, and complexity process innovation becomes highly significant,HCL can provide next-generation embedded software and systems engineering solutions that would satisfy all these business requirements.
HCL’s Embedded Product Lifecycle Services
HCL is recognized as a leader in designing and developing safety-critical embedded systems software for the medical device, automotive electronics, and aircraft components industries. Through IPs, we develop embedded middleware,rich embedded system applications applications, and interactive GUIs for consumer electronics, computer peripherals and telecom products. Our embedded systems group comprises of a large and talented pool of embedded software engineers/developers who are competent in a wide range of software development programming tools, microprocessors, and real-time operating systems. Our custom embedded system software development solutions help clients to fulfill business requirements with experience of best in class embedded software engineering services.
HCL executes turnkey embedded software development projects for new products, and provides discrete services for the existing ones. Our embedded product lifecycle services include:
- New product development: Feasibility study, embedded software architecture, modeling, embedded systems design, embedded systems software engineering, embedded systems software programming, embedded software development systems,release management, and feature driven development
- New product adaptation: Re-development and re-engineering of embedded software and systems,latest technology adaptation,custom embedded system software development, performance and reliability improvement, and multiple platform porting services
- Product sustenance: Lifecycle enhancements, defect tracking and fixing, feature enhancements, regression testing, and maintenance releases
- Testing and verification: Test plan design,embedded system design, test automation and scripting, compatibility and interoperability, compliance testing, and regression testing
HCL provides embedded engineering services at all layers, as illustrated below:
- Processor expertise - Intel x86, ARM7 DMI, Freescale, Renesas, Intel network processors, Xscale architecture devices, Intel microcontrollers
- Network processor expertise - Intel IXP series, Vitesse, Mindspeed, Motorola C Port C5, Agere Payload, Clearwater, ARM9/11/Cortex, Hitachi, MIPS, TI OMAP
- Expertise in RTOS - Linux, OSE, QNX, VxWorks, WinCE, nSOS, Windows NT - RT, Nudes, RT Kernel, DSPBIOS, EPOC, ITRON, ThreadX, OSEK
- BSP, device drivers, firmware, diagnostics, boot loaders
- Multimedia including audio, video, imaging and speech components, USB, FireWire, UART
- Telecom and networking protocol and wireless development and
- Automotive networks, Telematics
- DTMF decoders, DPLL, equalizers, VAD, comfort noise
What we’ve done for others
- For a U.S.-based automotive OEM, HCL designed and maintained APIs for the embedded Java apps that would run on their next generation head unit. HCL designed and maintained the remote diagnostics specifications for the HMI framework and was involved in the analysis of their service delivery platform.
- For a U.S.-based automotive Tier-1 company, HCL provided vision algorithm design, performance tuning, customization, embedded software engineering and development, testing, in-vehicle communications, and diagnostic services for the subsystems of its electric car.