Embedded Software and Systems Development
As organizations are under immense pressure to achieve higher levels of device integration while reducing cost, size, and complexity, the issue of process innovation has become very significant. At HCL, we provide next-generation embedded software engineering solutions to our customers that satisfy their specific business requirements.
HCL is a leader in developing embedded software and systems for various industries and domains. We have expertise in safety-critical embedded systems with more than 2000 person years of cumulative experience in developing small footprint and safety-critical embedded systems for Medical Devices, Automotive Electronics and Aircraft Components. We use our DSP expertise and IPs to develop fast embedded middleware, rich applications and interactive GUI for consumer electronics, computer peripherals and telecom products. Our embedded systems group comprises of a large and talented pool of engineers and software developers who are equipped with competencies in a range of programming tools, microprocessors and real-time operating systems.
Embedded Product Lifecycle Services Tailored for Industry
HCL has executed turnkey development projects for new products as well as provided discrete services for existing products. Our embedded product lifecycle services provide:
- New Product development: New Product development: Feasibility study, architecture, modeling, embedded systems design, embedded software development, release management, embedded systems programming, feature driven development
- New product Adaptation: Re-development & re-engineering, new technology adaptation, performance and reliability improvement and multiple platform porting services
- Product Sustenance: Lifecycle enhancements, defect tracking and fixing, feature enhancements, regression testing and maintenance release
- Testing & Verification: Test plan design, test automation and scripting, compatibility and interoperability, compliance testing and regression testing
Using unparalleled expertise across various domains, HCL tailors its embedded engineering services to meet the unique challenges of different industries.
Embedded Systems Map
HCL provides embedded engineering services at all layers. They are detailed below:
Processor expertise - Intel x86, ARM7 DMI, Freescale, Renesas, Intel network processors, Xscale architecture devices, Intel microcontrollers
Network processor expertise - Intel IXP sries, Vitesse, Mindspeed, Motorola C Port C5, Agere Payload, Clearwater, ARM9/11/Cortex, Hitachi, MIPS, TI OMAP
Expertise in RTOS - Linux, OSE, QNX, VxWorks, WinCE, nSOS, Windows NT - RT, Nudes, RT Kernel, DSPBIOS, EPOC, ITRON, ThreadX, OSEK
- BSP, device drivers, firmware, diagnostics, boot loaders
- Multimedia including audio, video, imaging and speech components, USB, firewire, UART
- Telecom and networking protocol development and wireless
- Automotive networks, Telematics
- DTMF decoders, DPLL, equalizers, VAD, comfort noise
What we’ve done for others
- For a US-based Automotive OEM, HCL designed and maintained APIs for the embedded Java apps that would run on their next generation head unit. Remote diagnostics specifications for the HMI framework were designed and maintained. We were also involved in the understanding and analysis of their service delivery platform.
- For a US-based automotive Tier-1, HCL was involved in embedded software development, testing, in-vehicle communications and diagnostics for their electric car subsystems. The activities performed included vision algorithm design, performance tuning, and customization.
At HCL, embedded systems group is an integral part of or Engineering and R&D Services (ERS) dedicated towards providing real time quality products and services to our customers to satisfy complex systems and business requirements.
Engineering and R&D Services (Embedded Software)