Mechanical Engineering Services
With rising costs and margin pressure across industries – Manufacturing companies look beyond their shores to optimize their Product Engineering and R&D services to shorten their product development time and get an early edge in the competitive business ecosystem. At HCL, we understand the importance of innovating and customizing the existing products of our customers in the minimum possible time-frame.
HCL offers advanced Mechanical Engineering services to customers that help them in developing complex mechanical designs and products, significantly reduce their time-to-market and help them penetrate early and deep into the existing and emerging markets.
HCL's capabilities in providing solutions throughout the product development life cycle from conceptual design, industrial and mechanical engineering design, CAD modeling and detailing, to simulation, analysis and prototyping, product testing and manufacturing makes HCL a unique one-stop solutions provider for Engineering Services. HCL also has expertise in implementation, maintenance and customization of PDM and PLM tools.
HCL's investment in specialist capability in CAD / CAE and the evolution of the mechanical engineering practice as part of the 'Product Engineering service triad' stand testimony to the capability to augment service lines. We have a proven track record of providing complete Mechanical Engineering solutions for customers in verticals like Aerospace, Automotive, Telecom, Consumer & Medical Devices, Semiconductor and Storage & Computing.
Concept to Manufacturing Services
- Concept - Industrial design, styling and ergonomics, voice of customer, competitor analysis, usability studies
- Design - Component design DFx
- Modeling and detailing - CAD modeling and detailed design, manufacturing drawings and BoM, GD&T, stack-up analysis and ANSI standard
- Analysis - CAE structural and thermal analysis, and reliability prediction
- Reliability - Reliability planning, FMEA & DFMEA, warranty analysis, reliability test plan
- Engineering change order - Configuration control and change management
- Testing - Shock, vibration, environmental testing; certifications, test fixture design, functional and performance testing, material qualification, EMI & EMC testing, compliance testing and certification
- Manufacturing support - Tooling and fixtures design, service manual and user manual design, training guides and automation
- Obsolescence management - Engineering change management, RoHS services, legacy drawing conversion, value engineering
The HCL Advantage
- The HCL HeritEdge: More than 30 years of powerful legacy in developing engineering products and designs
- Dedicated domain-specific practices: Domain specific practices for Aerospace, Automotive, Semiconductor, Hi-tech, Life Sciences and other verticals
- End-to-end capability: Complete solution for all your requirements from industrial design, mechanical engineering design, to CAE/CAM, documentation, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing
- Proven Expertise: Tremendous expertise in implementing efficient ECO solutions for complex equipment
- Cost benefits: HCL’s dedicated offshore development Centers (ODC) and domain-specific certified Testing Labs ensure you the reduced total cost of ownership. Our full life-cycle services can save you a benefit of up to 45%
Our end-to-end mechanical engineering service offerings across verticals enable us to offer specific business benefits to our customers:
- Up-to 40% time to market benefits
- Up-to 60% cost benefits
- Improved product design
- Improved manufacturability
- Product life-cycle extension
What we’ve done for others
For a medical device major, HCL did complex design and development on a cutting edge product - a drug delivery system for Class III medical devices. A time to market reduction of 30% was achieved by adopting ISO13485 compliant development activities including regulatory support.
HCL was involved in the product design and development of an intelligent grid connected solar inverter, which supports up to 5.4KW of power. HCL increased the wattage of the hardware based board by 50% (from 1.8KW to 5.4KW) without increasing the size of the board and also completely redesigned the mechanical enclosure - thus, peak efficiency increased to around 96.5%.
Engineering and R&D Services (Mechanical)