Mechanical Engineering Services
Challenges We Address
With rising costs and margin pressures mounting across industries, manufacturing companies are looking beyond their shores to optimize their product engineering and R&D services in order to shorten product development time and get an early advantage in a highly competitive business landscape. At HCL, we understand the importance of both - innovating to provide a competitive edge, and customizing existing products within the minimum possible time-frames.
HCL’s Mechanical Engineering and Design Services
HCL offers advanced mechanical engineering and design services to customers across the aerospace, automotive, telecom, consumer and medical devices, semiconductors, and storage and computing industries, helping them develop complex mechanical designs and products, significantly reduce time-to-market, and penetrate early into existing and emerging markets.Our mechanical engineering and design services help you come up with product designs and services with best in class IT infrastructure support.
HCL is a one-stop solutions provider of mechanical engineering and product design services with capabilities throughout the product development life cycle, such as - conceptual design, industrial and mechanical engineering design, CAD modeling and detailing, simulation, analysis and prototyping, product testing, and manufacturing. HCL has extensive experience in the implementation, maintenance, and customization of PDM and PLM tools.
HCL’s Concept-to-Manufacturing Services
- Concept: Industrial design, styling and ergonomics, voice of customer, competitor analysis, usability studies
- Design: Component design DFX
- Modeling and detailing: CAD modeling and detailed design, manufacturing drawings and BoM, GD&T, stack-up analysis and ANSI standard
- Analysis: CAE structural and thermal analysis, reliability prediction
- Reliability: Reliability planning, FMEA & DFMEA, warranty analysis, reliability test plan
- Engineering change order: Configuration control, change management
- Testing: Shock, vibration, environmental testing; certifications, test fixture design, functional and performance testing, material qualification, EMI & EMC testing, compliance testing, certification
- Manufacturing support: Tooling and fixtures design, service manual and user manual design, training guides, automation
- Obsolescence management: Engineering change management, RoHS services, legacy drawing conversion, value engineering
The HCL Advantage
- HCL heritage: A legacy of more than 30 years developing complex engineering products and designs
- Dedicated domain-specific practices: For aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, hi-tech, life sciences, and other industries
- End-to-end capability: Complete solutions for all requirements - from industrial design and mechanical engineering design, to CAE/CAM, documentation, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing
- Proven expertise: In implementing efficient ECO solutions for complex equipment
- Cost benefits: Our dedicated offshore development Centers (ODC) and domain-specific certified Testing Labs ensure reduced total cost of ownership, and our full life-cycle services can provide cost savings of up to 45%
What You Can Expect
End-to-end mechanical engineering and design services that offer specific business benefits:
- Up to 40% time to market benefits
- Up to 60% cost benefits
- Improved product design
- Improved manufacturability
- Product life-cycle extension
What We’ve Done For Others
- For a medical device major, HCL designed and developed a cutting edge product (a drug delivery system for Class III medical devices) and achieved a 30% reduction in time to market by adopting ISO13485 compliant development activities and regulatory support.
- HCL was involved in the product design and development of an intelligent grid connected solar inverter, which supports up to 5.4KW of power. HCL increased the wattage of the hardware-based board by 50% (from 1.8KW to 5.4KW) without increasing the size of the board, and also completely redesigned the mechanical enclosure so that peak efficiency increased to around 96.5%.