The COVID-19 pandemic has defined the new normal for technology adoption. Cloud is at the forefront of this new normal as businesses look to reduce cost and accelerate their digital transformation. Technology executives need to migrate critical workloads to the cloud at scale at a much higher velocity to deliver ROI for the business.
Challenges in migrating to a multi-cloud environment
There are numerous challenges that organizations need to address as they plan to adopt cloud for their application workloads. To start with, they need an open approach to developing, running, and deploying applications in a multi-cloud environment.
Migrating workloads from on premise to cloud in a secure, seamless manner can be a daunting process and typically requires a multi-pronged approach that includes re-hosting, re-platforming, re-architecting, and modernization. Most foundation build and migration strategies adopted by the organization take much longer than planned, further complicated by the readiness and volume of applications that need migration.
Also, migrating workloads to multi-cloud environments entails additional challenges like minimizing downtime while migrating bulk volume applications and reducing the time required to set up public cloud migration pre-requites.
Before deploying any application on any cloud, there is a need to design and configure a base environment that lays out:
- Account structure
- Account security and compliance
- Network infrastructure
- Management services such as identity and management, backup, patching and monitoring services.
This base environment is called a landing zone and is the most critical phase of planning a migration.
Simplify the cloud migration process with automation and data-driven guidance
Based on years of experience in helping customers migrate to multiple clouds, HCL has developed a holistic and proven accelerator to enable enterprises realize the business benefits of digital transformation faster. With a single click, HCL’s OneClick Foundation and Migration can help enterprises -
- Automate deployment of landing zone and configuration with competencies in DevOps, security, and migration.
- Implement cloud best practices like multi-account structure, security controls, self-service with guardrails, scalability, and extensibility from the initial landing zone environment, irrespective of the methodology used to develop a landing zone.
- Migrate hundreds or thousands of workloads to cloud in a phased approach with appropriate guidance and best practices for all steps of the cloud migration journey.
HCL OneClick Foundation and Migration comes loaded with features like:
- Built-in automation algorithm and templates
- End to End lift and shift migration scenarios
- Migrate workload from one cloud to another
- Create a platform in a multi-cloud environment
- Single click migration enabled by configured approvals to application owners
- Multiple infra test cases with auto trigger
- Integrated application test cases
- Multiple post-migration use cases that can be triggered as per requirement
- Datawarehouse migration e.g. Teradata, AWS Redshift to BigQuery
- SAP end-to-end lift and shift migration
Accelerate cloud transformation driven by Google Cloud Platform and HCL
An ideal transformation journey involves a powerful and secure cloud along with a simple and compatible approach to migrate. Together, HCL OneClick and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) deliver maximum business benefits to the users.
An ideal transformation journey involves a powerful and secure cloud along with a simple and compatible approach to migrate. Together, HCL OneClick and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) deliver maximum business benefits to the users. These include:
- Cost Reduction:
OneClick uses GCP capability to allow the creation of repeatable environments complete with infrastructure, networking, load balancing, and Cloud IAM using simple configuration files and commands. It helps reduce cost by building consistent ephemeral environments for staging, testing, or QA while ensuring parity with production and DevOps adoption.
Google Cloud Platform permits the use of most open-source and available enterprise IAC and DevOps tools along with Google Deployment Manager, for deploying infrastructure on cloud using code. OneClick architecture uses Google Deployment Manager, Cloud Build, Opensource Job Scheduler and enterprise configuration manager tools to create a landing zone with a single click on GCP and transform workloads.
Experience the benefits of deploying at scale in hours whether you’re managing one machine or one million or deploying IaaS platform or PaaS along with easy management of dependent resources like networks, storage, databases, users, and permissions.
- Faster and error-free deployment
Capture and deploy environments with repeated and automated processes. This helps in provision and management of resources on Google Cloud with the existing tools.
- Drift Mitigation
Google Cloud Platform allows usage of tools which can capture the state during deployment so that it can be restored if needed. OneClick has the capability to track the infrastructure state and help organizations to quickly restore to same platform and configuration using a single click.
Schedule a demo to understand how you can automate the migration of workloads to Google Cloud or visit our website to learn more about the joint value of HCL and Google Cloud for enterprise digital transformation.