Our Sustainability Strategy
Our long and rich history of giving back to our communities—under the guidance of our Founder, Shiv Nadar—was built on the values of innovation, entrepreneurship, humanity and a people-centric culture.
We are committed to long term value creation for all our stakeholders and our philosophy has always been about incorporating the right environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices to ensure a sustainable present and future. Our holistic approach is designed to maximize our contribution towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our ESG Focus Areas
We conduct materiality assessment periodically to identify and prioritize topics material to our business operations. The stakeholder engagement inputs, regulatory requirements, global trends and peer benchmarking are fed into our materiality exercise.
Engaging with our stakeholders and using a risk and responsibility lens, we prioritize the following 12 material ESG topics:
- Climate Change
- Human Capital
- Local Hiring
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Talent Attraction and retention
- Work Environment
- Corporate Citizenship
- Sustainable procurement
- Sustainable Impact on clients
- Governance and ethics
- IT Security, data protection and system availability
Awards and Recognition
Top Employer designation in 17 countries
Based on HCLTech's dedication to fostering people growth while continuing to drive value for clients worldwide.
Great Place to Work® Certification 2022-2023
Awarded by the global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and leadership behaviors.
Global Gender-Equality Index 2022
Second consecutive year
World Economic Forum’s
Global Parity Alliance on DE&I
Brandon Hall Excellence Awards
Human Capital Management awards in recognition of industry-leading employee programs and best Inclusion and Diversity Strategy in 2021
Most Innovative Work from Home Plan | Most Valuable Employer | Most Valuable HR Team
Featured Trends and Insights
Tech2Sustain: Sustainability Conversations and Events
Tech2Sustain is an HCLTech initiative promoting sustainable business practices through online platforms and events, aiming to foster awareness, collaboration, and innovation in addressing ESG challenges among key stakeholders. Click here!
Simplify water sustainability: Optimize enterprise water usage with AquaSphere
By using innovative technology, businesses can simplify the process of water resource management. Discover how HCLTech assists organizations in supercharging their water sustainability objectives
Policies and Certificates
Our policies and certifications are a testament of our efforts.
- We are aligned to the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
- We are committed to making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture and day-to-day operations of our company.
- We engage in collaborative projects that advance the broader development goals of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Axon Solutions Limited ISO 14001 Certificate
- Axon Solutions Limited ISO 45001 Certificate
- HCL Philippines ISO 45001 Certificate
- HCL Philippines ISO 14001 Certificate
- HCL Poland ISO 14001 Certificate
- HCL Poland ISO 45001 Certificate
- HCL Technologies Finland 45001 Certificate
- HCL Technologies Finland ISO 14001 Certificate
- HCL Technologies Norway AS ISO 45001 Certificate
- HCL Technologies India - ISO 14001 Certificate
- HCL Technologies India - ISO 9001:2015 Certificate (BSI)
- HCL Technologies India - ISO 9001:2015 Certificate (Intertek)
- HCL Germany Zertifikat Energie Management System 50001 Certificate
- HCL Germany Zertifikat Umwelt Management System 1400 Certificate
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001 - UK Certificate
- HCL Sri Lanka - ISO 9001:2015 Certificate (Intertek)
- CDP Score Report - Climate Change 2022
- CDP Supplier Engagement Rating Report 2022
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Note from our CEO
- Code of Business Ethics & Conduct (COBEC)
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy (ABAC)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- Policy for Determining Material Subsidiary
- Whistle Blower Policy
- Related Party Transaction Policy
- Fair Disclosure Code
- Familiarisation Programme for Independent Directors
- Letter of Appointment of Independent Director
- Archive Policy
- Policy for Determination of Materiality of Event or Information
- Composition of Various Committees of Board of Directors
- Criteria of Making Payments to Non-Executive Directors
- Dividend Distribution Policy
- Remuneration Policy
- HCLTech Group Tax Strategy
- HCLTech Procurement policy