HCL In Denmark
Denmark, a country with one of the highest living standards in the world, is home to leading companies in industries such as manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, transportation, and wind energy. By laying out various business models, and by collaborating with an IT company, Denmark’s industries are presently planning out projects with the help of outsourcing and experimenting.Through its center in Copenhagen, Hellerup, HCL, a well-established IT company in Denmark, is working with them on their transformation projects, and providing near shore support through centers in Finland (Helsinki and Espoo), Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Helsingborg), Norway (Oslo and Stavanger), Poland (Krakow) and the UK (Egham).
With respect to IT outsourcing, Denmark and other Nordic countries witnessed the beginning of HCL’s journey in 1999. With a regional headquarters in Stockholm, today we have 6 local offices and 3 delivery centers with over 2500 consultants doing transformational work for over 30 Nordic customers.
5 of HCL’s top 10 engagements come from Europe.
- HCL and Vestas – a leader in renewable and wind energy - are in a multi-year engagement to provide application development and management services, and IT consultancy services to applications run by Vestas. The services will be delivered primarily from India, but also from the Philippines and across locations in Denmark. Vestas expects to gain increased flexibility in terms of skills, scale, knowledge and experience and achieve a higher quality of services by utilizing HCL’s best-in-class processes and services.
- Statoil engaged HCL to provide strategic infrastructure management services across 36 countries through an engagement that involves the end-to-end monitoring and management of Statoil’s entire IT infrastructure across global locations and offshore production sites. HCL will manage the Compute, Storage, Database and Telecom (network & security) environments and provide desktop support. HCL has opened a delivery centre in Stavanger, Norway to service Statoil, in line with our “Glocal” Center of Excellence model.
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL won the European Outsourcing Association’s ‘IT Outsourcing Project of the Year Award’ for the successful IT Transformation of a leading multinational pharmaceutical firm
- HCL was declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014
- HCL is recognized as a champion of women’s empowerment principles.
- A collaborative forum of more than 30 CIOs who help HCL align its solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- Employees trained to fit into clients’ work cultures and environments
- Extensive training in cross-cultural awareness through tools such as Globesmart
- Employees trained to build and sustain trusting and transparent business relationships based on mutual advantage
- Approaches are complemented by traditional HR support, idea exchange events, and blog-sharing and discussion forums
- Through initiatives such as the European Diversity Council and European Women Connect Program
- Mentoring faculty and students in Copenhagen’s Business Schools’ elite programs that focus on the role of Indian companies
- Through a culture of transparency that enables constant innovation among employees empowered to lead clients to grow their business in new ways