HCL In Singapore
The IT industry in Singapore has the breakthrough potential to strengthen the economy and empower every sector in the country. Through various transformation initiatives, such as the Intelligent Nation 2015 Masterplan, Singapore is poised to become an IT hub.
More than three decades ago, HCL established its regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region in Singapore. Among IT companies in Singapore, we are honored to have been a pioneer IT companies in Singapore in many ways:
- Providing the first Wi-Fi–based patient tracking system in Asia, for a leading healthcare provider in Singapore
- Contributing to strategic projects of the Singapore Government on citizen centricity
- Developing solutions and projects that helped build global brand recognition for IT companies in Singapore
- Accomplishing the first end-to-end Oracle Financials implementation in the region
- Being closely linked to the financial transformation of Singapore over the past three decades, working with almost all the top financial services institutions in SE Asia, including key government organizations and the Singapore Stock Exchange
- Unveiling MERLIN (Mobility Experiences Ready to Lead Business Innovation) — HCL’s Global Enterprise Mobility Laboratory in Singapore in February 2011 for spearheading global R&D in enterprise mobile solutions
- Opening a co-innovation lab in Singapore in July 2011 with Eli Lilly, a global pharmaceutical corporation, to develop new and disruptive technologies and solutions, and accelerate the process of bringing ideas to fruition together with our wider collaborative ecosystem.
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors and software companies in Singapore are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- Singapore’s diverse populace includes multiple origins, cultures, and languages. HCL’s multilingual service desks help it provide an excellent customer experience in the region.
- Enterprise mobility is transforming the world in many unique ways. HCL’s MERLIN Lab, anchored in Singapore, reflects its growth strategy for the market and its commitment to providing cutting-edge mobility solutions to clients in the region.
- HCL's MERLIN Lab offers internships to students from the top local universities, such as NUS Singapore
- Conferred the prestigious Asian Human Capital Summit 2011 Award by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower, and INSEAD for its Employees First philosophy.
- The Human Capital Leadership Institute (HCLI), an initiative of the Ministry of Manpower Singapore and the Singapore Economic Development Board published a case study on HCL, recognizing our Transformation Strategy in their book “Human Capital Insights - Inspiring practices for Asia, from Asia”.
- Received the SICCI-DBS India Enterprise Award 2011 from the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) for contributions to Singapore’s social and economic development. HCL was acknowledged for its strategic alliances and effective collaboration with local partners in the region.
- Received the SAP Ecosystem and Channels Partner Award 2011, Microsoft’s CRM Partner of the Year 2011 Award, and Cisco’s Data Center and Virtualization Partner Award in 2012.