Top Indian IT company, HCL, helps India’s largest stock exchange manage 10 million transactions per day with sub-second latency. HCL helped build a highly available, simplified and swift transaction environment for its critical trading applications. Through HCL’s innovative BOOR (Build, Own, Operate and Refresh) model, the exchange is able to maintain 99.98% SLA uptime and manage 10 million transactions across 3000 locations per day with sub-second latency. This has resulted in a lower downtime with no disruption in business, lower costs for infrastructure setup and operations, faster transactions, and complete transparency through a single view of all members.
HCL In India
India’s role in the explosive growth of the IT industry is well known and today, IT outsourcing to India is a trend that is here to stay. The Indian IT industry contributed to almost every sphere of America’s scientific and technological achievements in California’s Silicon Valley in the 1980s and 1990s, introducing shared services and outsourcing concepts. India has always maintained its competitive edge as the destination of choice for nearly 80 percent of European and U.S. outsourcing firms., with HCL as a leading IT outsourcing company
A top IT company in India, HCL is one of India's the original IT garage start-ups and a pioneer of India’s IT innovation heritage. In 1976, when there were only 250 computers in the country, Shiv Nadar, HCL’s Founder, led a team of eight young people who passionately believed in the power of information technology to create a thriving IT industry in India.
Their vision birthed a renowned global enterprise, and today, leading IT research and advisory firms report that HCL, a leading IT outsourcing company is one of the top five Indian IT service providers in the world. HCL is also on the Forbes Global 2000 list, is one of Asia’s Fab 100 Companies, and is India's Top 20 largest publicly traded companies.
At HCL Technologies we believe in the power of relationships. And we would like to take this opportunity to invite you home. Come, take a 360-degree view of our campus in NOIDA and experience the pulse that powers our commitment to deliver beyond the contract.
Key engagements of HCL
- HCL is in a multi-year, managed network services outsourcing engagement with a leading public sector bank in India, for end-to-end managed services across implementation, operations and management, and provisioning of assets for all its branches. On completion, the bank’s entire network would be migrated to MPLS technology to ensure better connectivity and availability for the bank’s end-users.
- For one of the 500 largest banks in the world that was established in 1895 at Lahore, India, HCL is linking all of its branch operations into a cohesive entity to better serve its customers. The bank's operations serve a widespread population that speaks many different languages.
- Recognized as a leading IT outsourcing company, HCL has been selected by a state government in India to connect and deliver voice, video and data services to more than 9,000 points across the state. This engagement awarded under the Government of India’s “Digital India” program will also include the establishment of a Centralized Integrated Network Operations Center (CINOC) for monitoring of the multi-mode connectivity within the state.
For one of the largest Fortune 500 Asia-based oil and gas exploration and production companies with a highly complex data network and IT infrastructure, HCL provided complete network, communication and IT infrastructure management solutions with a very high level of data security. HCL aligned the company’s IT and business processes by enabling the IT infrastructure to support business applications. HCL also managed the risk during the transformation.
HCL helps one of India’s largest and most successful publishing conglomerates achieve IT transformation. HCL optimized its network by re-architecting its existing point-to-point networks, consolidated its servers and security infrastructure, and enabled virtualization through a flexible and scalable virtual server platform-ready farm, which allows for future scalability and flexibility. HCL consolidated over 170 servers into 22, 299 leased lines into 200, and 44 internet links into 2. HCL created a self-healing network using MPLs and P2P technology, and TCO reduced by 60%.
HCL helps a leading India-based retail group achieve business excellence. HCL launched an IT transformation initiative that involved Wi-Fi and Web-based collaboration for anytime, anywhere access to people and inventory. The Wireless LAN and Cisco WebEx rollout for its Stores and Warehouses helped increase real-time visibility of inventory across 350 stores and 10 warehouses, which reduced inventory management costs and enabled a 20% increase in inventory availability. Administrative, travel, and new employee training expenses were reduced by up to 10%, 10%, and 5% respectively. HCL is replicating this project across a 1000 stores which would increase the customer base by ten times this year.
HCL helps India’s largest stock exchange manage 10 million transactions per day with sub-second latency. HCL helped build a highly available, simplified and swift transaction environment for its critical trading applications. Through HCL’s innovative BOOR (Build, Own, Operate and Refresh) model, the exchange is able to maintain 99.98% SLA uptime and manage 10 million transactions across 3000 locations per day with sub-second latency. This has resulted in a lower downtime with no disruption in business, lower costs for infrastructure setup and operations, faster transactions, and complete transparency through a single view of all members.
HCL helps a premier Government of India information technology organization provide “Infrastructure-as-a-Service” to government organizations through private cloud. HCL helped create an agile, flexible, scalable, secure and efficient IT infrastructure on a ‘first of its kind’ private cloud environment that will help government organizations run their eGovernance initiatives securely and with high productivity and efficiency. With robust disaster recovery and network security services in place, there is high availability (99.9%) of the entire IT infrastructure.
HCL provided an enterprise transformation solution for one of India’s leading public sector insurance companies, enabling a single and centralized customer view across 50 million policies. To achieve this, HCL was involved in the entire IT lifecycle of all integration and operations management functions. HCL provided software support for thousands of concurrent users; more than 20 core insurance applications were integrated; Data Center hosting, virtualization and consolidation were carried out across 3 sites; WAN connectivity, network upgrades and unified communication were provided to over 1000 locations, and BPO services with onsite centralized operations management through service desks, were enabled.
HCL enables a responsive and Agile IT infrastructure for the subsidiary bank of a leading financial organization in India. HCL established process-driven IT operations by introducing best practices and implementing ITIL processes to streamline the bank’s data center operations. HCL’s MTaaSTM Framework provided the client’s IT team with better visibility and control over its IT infrastructure, and the single point of contact for all IT infrastructure support resulted in a 30% reduction in manpower efforts for the bank.
- HCL is listed in FORBES ASIA’s Fab 50 list for the fourth consecutive year. Read more
- HCL won CNBC-TV18's India business leaders award for “Outstanding Company of the Year”. Read more
- HCL received the “Best Governed Company Award” by Asian Centre for corporate governance and sustainability. Read more
- HCL has been declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014. Read more
- HCL was recognized as a champion of women’s empowerment principles. Read more
- HCL won the Asia-Pacific Enterprise Leadership Award (APELA) for its achievements in the areas of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. Read more
- Shiv Nadar, HCL’s founder and chairman received the ICSI Life Time Achievement Award 2013, for Excellence in Corporate Governance. Read more
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management, a leading global private bank, awarded Shiv Nadar, HCL’s founder and chairman, with its Grand Prix for Individual Philanthropy (October 2013). Read more
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
Backing Socially Responsible Business Models
- HCL is an active corporate citizen, initiating and participating in various community development, community giving, and advocacy programs
- HCL is part of the governing body of the Public Health Foundation of India, a think tank on policy issues and standards in public health education
- HCL won the Asia-Pacific Enterprise Leadership Award (APELA) for its achievements in the areas of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility
- HCL’s Learning and Development Group helps employees become effective leaders and drive positive business outcomes
- HCL’s Certified Professional Program for young graduates, Collaborative Value Creation Program, Career Coaching, and Onsite Success (to develop cultural competence) are among several learning programs HCL offers its employees
Supporting Catalysts for Change
- HCL works with NGOs dedicated to serving underprivileged children, youth and women.
- HCL’s employee group called the “Catalysts for Social Change” partner with the HCL Foundation to drive a powerful initiative called the “Power of One”. Over 10,000 volunteers have devoted more than 75,000 hours in helping over 50,000 beneficiaries
- HCL is in partnership with the United Nations delivering life skills training to thousands of students
- HCL Foundation has opened ten new HCL Gurukuls (community youth centers) in partnership with the NGO Pratham. The Foundation won National HRD Network’s ‘National CSR Case Contest’ for its education project - HCL Gurukul
- HCL Foundation has joined hands with the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to inaugurate two vocational training centers focused on digital literacy and employability training to soldiers disabled in action
What Customers Say
“NOC (Network Operations Centre) is a project of strategic importance for us. I am happy to note that our engineers and HCL have worked hard on this advanced technology project to complete it successfully.”
- Director (Technology and Field Service), One of the Largest Fortune 500 Asia-based Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Companies
“We wanted to be infrastructure-ready for a ten times increase in our consumer base. HCL has solid credentials in the vertical we belong to, in addition to the fact that they have some of the best talent out there. While much of what we are doing can be characterized as cutting-edge and high risk, we are very happy with the flexibility we have seen in HCL’s delivery.”
- CEO, A Directional Media Company in India
“HCL implemented the Security Operations Center (SOC) which proactively monitors all activities and raises a red flag in case of high risk incidents. For example, if the SOC spots any activity that deviates from the normal, it will alert the team concerned and check whether it was authorized. This helps establish best practices for critical functions, and instils confidence in users as we follow standards and adhere to industry-recognized security certifications.”
- CTO, A Government of India Organization