HCL In New Zealand
In New Zealand, ICT (Information and Communications Technology) has been successful in establishing its presence. ICT in New Zealand includes a powerful telecommunications infrastructure, a stable economic and political climate, government awareness of the importance of ICT and several favorable policies, deep business capabilities, and a strong legacy of creativity and innovation.
With respect to information technology in New Zealand, HCL has established itself as the largest India-based global company. As an IT company in New Zealand, it primarily focuses on transformational outsourcing, and offers innovative business models and solutions across business process outsourcing, automotive, government and other sectors thereby helping the information technology business to operate in this region.
As an IT company in New Zealand, HCL has been serving the market for over 14 years. It works along with 50 other leading companies, including one of the largest dairy producers, several major banks and insurance companies, and one of the largest state governing bodies.
Several technical and non-technical principles at the core of HCL have contributed to the success of these engagements:
- HCL is the largest India-based global IT services company in New Zealand, serving this market for over 14 years
- HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council helps us align solutions with local market requirements; providing an exceptional platform for clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- More than 200 HCL professionals in New Zealand serve customers across sectors – financial services, telecommunications, retail and consumer products, automotive, government and business process outsourcing
- World-class development center in Auckland with an employment capacity of about 100 IT professionals; extending operations to Wellington, Hamilton, and Christchurch
- Forming local alliances to augment industry expertise and build service stacks – thereby providing an integrated, focused, and measurable portfolio of services
Digital Systems Integration (DSI™): HCL’s DSI services are an answer to a modern corporation’s dilemma in effectively transforming itself – from a legacy-driven traditional organization to a digitalized corporation. Our DSI services enable traditional organizations to compete with “born digital” competitors through a strategy called Reborn Digital™ – which analyses and connects the organization’s legacy systems, assesses its readiness for the digital age, and addresses the challenges through solutions that create a complete digital enterprise.
ALT ASM™: HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing. While other IT vendors are motivated to keep expanding their ASM engagement, we proactively try to eradicate it. By focusing on this cut-down of waste in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to benefit strategically from their ASM offshoring engagement.
Employees First: Our unique management philosophy, based on trust and transparency, empowers frontline employees to create value for customers every day. This thinking – described in the best-selling book Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down (Harvard Business Press, 2010) by former CEO Vineet Nayar – has created a distinctive culture of employee-driven innovation. We call it ideapreneurship, and it is yielding excellent business outcomes for both HCL and our customers.
A Relationship Beyond the Contract: Technology is constantly changing; often making even the best contracts appear outmoded or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract – not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency, but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our radical propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver relevant business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
HCL has successfully established itself as one of the largest IT companies in New Zealand. Moreover, it has been widely recognized for its contributions to the country’s business and social goals:
- HCL’s APAC Customer Advisory Council: This group helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements and serves as a unique platform for HCL clients and their industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices. The Council has been recognized through several awards – including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category – for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers.
- The industry of IT in New Zealand has seen a considerable increase in its workforce. HCL has worked towards creating local jobs while expanding the local footprint. It has built a world-class development center in Auckland that has the capacity to employ 100 IT professionals. We’ve also extended our operations to Wellington, Hamilton, and Christchurch. More than 200 HCL professionals in New Zealand now serve customers in financial services, telecommunications, retail and consumer products, and government sectors.
- Focusing on verticals: HCL forms alliances with local vendors to augment its industry expertise and build service stacks, thereby providing an integrated, focused, and quantifiable portfolio of services.