The customer is a large Australian multinational bank with businesses across New Zealand, Fiji, Asia, USA, and the UK. HCL helped reduce its web management operations costs and minimized dependency on IT to create and manage its global websites.
HCL In Australia
HCL was established in Australia in 1997 with its headquarters in Sydney. With delivery centers and outsourcing services, HCL has offices spread across six locations in Australia – Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Hobart, and Perth. HCL is one of the few IT outsourcing companies in Australia catering to large customers with global chains across multiple industries – including banking and financial services, retail and consumer products, hi-tech, manufacturing, energy and utilities, government, mining, and travel and logistics.
In terms of services in software development, the Australian Federal Government has endorsed HCL as a supplier with strategic relationships with some of the largest local Australian institutions – financial firms, supermarket chains, telecommunications companies, and the largest city council in Australia.
By supporting these companies with integrated services, HCL ensures that the value it delivers is clear, focused, and quantifiable. Fuelled by its “Employees First” culture that is based on trust, transparency, and value centricity, HCL’s philosophy of contributing to the growth of the local economy has borne much fruit and ensured consistent growth.
- Sydney Trains awarded HCL with a five-year, $34.9 million deal to provide bespoke systems and support services – encompassing application enhancement, development, support, and maintenance services
- HCL is digitizing the field force and customer experience processes using mobile, analytics, and cloud applications at a rapidly growing, global financial services company
- HCL recently won a significant Human Capital Management engagement with one of Australia’s largest retailers, to implement SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- HCL is delivering application maintenance and enhancement services for an Australian multinational bank with operations across New Zealand, Fiji, Asia, USA, and the United Kingdom
- For a large Australian service provider (project delivery and consulting) serving the resources and energy sector, and complex process industries, HCL is delivering an end-to-end, 100% cloud-based, IaaS enterprise solution across six continents
- HCL is providing application maintenance support and integration, business intelligence, big data, and managed services for critical network components, for Australia's leading provider of mobile phones, and other devices, home phones, and broadband internet
- HCL is delivering transformational business services and application maintenance for a leading global construction company
- For a major Australian company with extensive retail interest throughout Australia and New Zealand, HCL is managing data migration from legacy systems to SAP
- HCL is delivering transformational infrastructure and applications maintenance for the third largest bank in Australia
- For one of Australia's ‘Big Four’ banks, HCL is providing application maintenance and testing for Wealth Management and Lending Origination
- HCL is working with a top Australian University to assess and optimize its IT infrastructure portfolio for cloud adoption
- HCL is implementing a new Enterprise Payments Portal to improve payment processes, for a leading Australian bank
In the field of IT outsourcing, Australia has seen HCL perform several important functions for its multinational companies, and banks in particular. For one of Australia's leading banks with operations in New Zealand, HCL enabled single point access to the bank’s wholesale managed funds, listed securities and cash, through a secure Internet service. HCL consolidated the bank’s insurance offering along with its other products, and integrated its advisors across the WRAP platform, which improved the product’s performance by 65%.
An Australian multinational bank with businesses across New Zealand, Fiji, Asia, USA, and the United Kingdom engaged HCL to integrate its acquired banks into a common infrastructure. HCL achieved this by conceptualizing a new payments architecture called “Unified Payments Capability” (UPC) to simplify payments – implementing multiple components of the payment hub in partnership with product vendors, and extending/configuring the platform to achieve the desired capabilities of the bank. HCL was able to delight the customer by providing the flexibility and scale of operations required to implement and integrate the payment hub.
HCL helped one of the top three Australian multi-national banks through application maintenance and enhancement, and vendor management services. HCL helped it operate with zero SLA violations. Further, it proactively proposed and implemented several initiatives for its Lease Management System – reducing turnaround time for the IT team, in providing support to business users whenever a new branch was added. This saved the bank considerable amounts of effort on a monthly basis.
HCL contracted to get Sydney Trains performing on time - ARN Net, CIO.com, Computerworld, TechWorld, Rust Report, ITNEWS.com
HCL survey reveals that $39 billion of the SAP landscape could move to the cloud in the next 2 years - ITWIRE.com, CIO.com,Computerworld.com, ZDNet.com, ARNNet.com, AFR.com, (for AFR print click here), Technologydecisions.com.au, CMO.com, InsideSAP, CIO-Asia.com, Computerweekly.com, Techworld.com.au, Businesscloudnews.com, CIOInsight.com, PRWire.com, MIS-ASIA.com, Computerworld Australia, iStart.com.au, iStart.co.nz
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s vision is to enable the Mining & Natural Resources Industry to adopt a ‘Synchronized Digital Mining’ information strategy, which supports a dramatic improvement in mining efficiencies and reliable production to overcome the challenges of fluctuating commodity prices, escalating costs, and diminishing shareholder return
This HCL proposition is powered by ‘Mineral Resource Throughput Management’ and helps establish a systematic and reliable solution deployment –analysing and managing the impact of variable quality of raw materials on the performance of the mining value chain.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
Ideapreneurship™ is the self-sustaining, self-inspired, innovation engine that drives HCL forward. It is a unique innovation culture in which every employee gets the opportunity to ideate, and where these everyday ideas set in motion a new business paradigm. At HCL, Ideapreneurship has created an atmosphere where employees are taking the lead in finding solutions and ideas, and then leading them to fruition. The foundation for this grass-roots, business-driven, customer-focused environment was laid by HCL’s ‘Employees First’ values which collectively enthuse, empower, and encourage employees across the organization to come up with innovative solutions to operational and customer-driven business challenges.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract – not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency, but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASMTM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real time, despite the changing times.
Women Lead Australia – a 1:1 Women Mentorship Program
In a nation with a 45% female workforce, only 3% of women CEOs among ASX 500 companies (a similar ratio in senior management roles as well) – Australia has a paucity of female c-level executives. Highlighted by Australian Corporations and the Australian Government as a major area of concern, leading companies across Australia have undertaken constructive programs to create a pipeline of senior women leaders.
Gender diversity targets are being instated for the coming years with an immense focus on Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs targeted at nurturing women’s potential. As an organisation recognised by the UN for women empowerment and the implementation of diversity initiatives, HCL in collaboration with Women & Leadership Australia launched “WOMEN LEAD AUSTRALIA” – an exclusive corporate leadership development program to provide a platform for Australia’s top emerging women leaders to receive 1:1 mentorship from leading C-Suite executives over a period of 13 weeks.Click here for more information.
- Strategic Partnership Programs that help disseminate Australian innovation and IP to foreign markets
- Focused and pragmatic growth strategy – HCL reinvests a percentage of the revenue generated from its customer engagements into new product/service innovation
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards – including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category, for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- The Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) nominated HCL for the Fons Trompenaars Award for Innovation and Creativity, which recognizes companies for their outstanding initiatives that create and support a culture that stimulates innovation
- In 2011, HCL won three prestigious recognitions at the “Asia’s Best Employer Brand” awards
An extremely successful “glocalisation” strategy enabled through:
- Centers in Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra
- Local Development Centers in Queensland (Brisbane), Tasmania (Hobart), and Western Australia (Perth)
- Actively work to address the challenges of local communities in Australia
- Over 3000 HCL employees – mainly Australians, Indians, Britons, Malaysians, and New Zealanders provide professional services across Australia – both onshore and offshore
What Customers Say
“The ability to understand business problems together with the technical landscape, and bridging the two, cannot be overstated. I had been looking for someone who could influence, articulate, and hold a view. Your efforts have made considerable positive impact!”
– CIO, leading bank in Australia and NZ
“What an amazing result! Considering how long and how tough this year has been, the result on the weekend was a testament to the drive, dedication and commitment to quality that the HCL team continues to display. For those unaware of the details, we migrated over 400,000 business deposit and migration accounts with a success rate of 99.86%! Congratulations to all involved and a huge well done to a program that continues to deliver the big bank changing milestones."
– Program Director, one of the largest banks in Australia
“The combined efforts of our Asset Finance and Commercial Lending IT Service Delivery team and HCL have resulted in an 80% reduction in P1 and P2 incidents. This is a great testimony to Applications and Operations' dedication to embed strong service management disciplines, including incident, problem, change, capacity, availability and service continuity management.”
– CIO Retail & Business Banking ES, a large Australian bank
“Without the dedication, professionalism and hard work from the HCL team we could never have undertaken this transformational change. The end result was a website that has dramatically improved our customer’s online experience."
– One of the largest banks in Australia
"This is wonderful stuff, the type of activities that make a big difference to our customer. Truly great work!” (On the successful implementation of the WRAP project).
– CIO, Large Programs, a leading bank in Australia and NZ