Highest Honour in Corporate Governance for Shiv Nadar
Kolkata/ Noida, August 25, 2014: Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), the apex body with a vision of being a global leader in promoting good corporate governance, has bestowed the ICSI Life Time Achievement Award 2013 for Excellence in Corporate Governance to Shiv Nadar, Founder & Chairman, HCL and Shiv Nadar Foundation. The award was presented by Shri Arun Jaitley, Hon'ble Union Minister for Finance, Defence and Corporate Affairs.
The award comes close on the heels of several recent accolades in corporate governance conferred on HCL Technologies that include Best Governed Company Award 2014 from The Asian Centre; the Outstanding Company of the Year 2014 Award from CNBC and the Corporate Citizen awards by both PHD Chamber of Commerce and All India Management Association.
CS R Sridharan, President, ICSI, said, “HCL represents a culture of evolving globally acceptable standards of corporate governance. Last year, ICSI recognised HCL Technologies as the best governed company. This year, we are pleased to felicitate Shiv Nadar for his exemplary work in institution-building and good governance that has helped create sustained and path-breaking growth for HCL in a highly dynamic business environment.”
Accepting the award, Shiv Nadar said, “This is a great honour and I thank ICSI and the eminent jury for this recognition. I share this award with our board, management leadership and employees who have set high standards of governance. I believe good corporate governance is critical in enhancing competitiveness, and creating industry-leading profitable growth and superior returns for every stakeholder of the institution.”
The ICSI National Awards for Excellence in Corporate Governance, instituted in 2001, is the highest honour in corporate governance in India. The independent jury comprised of:
- Justice M. N. Venkatachaliah, Chairman of Jury & Former Chief Justice of India
- Dr. Anil K. Khandelwal, Former CMD, Bank of Baroda
- Arun Balakrishnan, Former CMD, HPCL
- Justice B. N. Srikrishna, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Ravi Narain, Vice Chairman, NSEIL
- R. S. Butola, Chairman, Indian Oil Corporation
- Y. C. Deveshwar, Chairman, ITC Ltd
- Y. M. Deosthalee, CMD, L&T Finance Holdings Ltd
- CS S. N. Ananthasubramanian, Immediate Past President, ICSI
- Sunil Kant Munjal, Joint Managing Director, Hero MotoCorp Ltd