Following SAP’s request for mobile application demos in August 2011, more than 200 applications were submitted by SAP partners across EMEA, as well as more than 100 submissions from DACH. SAP then selected 24 of the best partner application demos to be presented, alongside SAP solutions, in the mobility campus at SAPPHIRE NOW in Madrid. From the 24, SAP shortlisted the final three partners to receive the SAP Mobility Showcase Award.
HCL AXON successfully showcased its EMEA mobility capability at the event and was selected as one of three finalists to receive this highly credible recognition. The award was presented to HCL AXON by Franck Cohen, president, SAP EMEA, and Michael Kleinemeier, CEO, SAP Deutschland AG & Co. KG, and president, DACH region, SAP, on stage at the Mobility & Innovation Spotlight theatre session on 9 November during the event.
Benedikt Hermann, head of Product Innovation, HCL AXON, said “We are delighted to have received the SAP Mobility Showcase Award for SAP partners. It clearly demonstrates that SAP values HCL AXON’s approach to focus on the mobile enablement of business users and consumers within specific micro vertical scenarios such as “Meter-to-Cash” in the utilities industry.
All partner apps selected to be showcased onsite at SAPPHIRE NOW in Madrid — from more than 20 partner organizations — have been built on or will soon be available on Sybase® Unwired Platform, the mobile enterprise application platform that enables enterprise developers to simply and quickly build enterprise-grade mobile applications that connect business data to mobile workers on most major devices.
“SAP commends HCL AXON’s receipt of the SAP Mobility Showcase Award,” said Franck Cohen. “Through SAP’s partner ecosystem, we are offering customers even more choices when mobilizing their line-of-business and industry processes.”
HCL AXON’s mobile application suite includes:
- mSAM-LA. Mobile Service and Asset management for Lean Assets:
- Designed for empowering field engineers to meet the service order requirements in time and to be able to perform tasks better and remotely for enhanced customer satisfaction
- Currently being deployed at a customer site
- Runs on laptops or tablets, using a Dynamic User interface driven from a configuration including SAP solutions for easy changes
- mSAM-CA. Mobile Solutions for Complex Asset Maintenance:
- Based on the SAP ERP application, enables line technicians to work offline/online on their laptops or mobile devices
- Empowering Line Engineers to meet the work order requirements in time and to be able to perform tasks better
- Providing mobile access to labor, tools material, manuals and resources
- Enabling Line technicians to work remotely
- Enabling field employees to view job assignations and job queue on location
- Integrating with HCL AXON’s iMRO maintenance solution.
- iEM. iEnergy Management:
- Allows utility customers to take control of their energy consumption through the Smart Grid & Smart Meter network
- Enables consumers direct access to metering and grid information on their mobile devices with required view to their smart meter from anywhere
- It is an end-to-end solution around Smart Grid web enablement bringing energy usage control to residential, small commercial & industrial customers
- Facilitates utility service provider to proactively remain connected with customers delivering value added services & enhance customer service
- Provides user friendly option to record energy consumption in money or CO2, view Information in figures or graphical display, View and pay bills, outage reporting and checking news in one consolidated user friendly application
- mACT. Mobile Actionable Sales:
- ERP-based sales apps for an active Sales Employee Execution of SAP transactions @Real-time on mobile device (iPad, Playbook)
- Focuses users on the actions they need to take
- Upgrade path for when CRM is implemented
- Mobile Analytics:
- Delivering the right information to improve efficiency and effectiveness of mobile workers and managers
- HCL AXON’s approach to mobile analytics leverages existing investments to quickly enabling analytics on the go
- Industry-specific content to drive user activity
- Mobile application specially designed to assist air hostesses and flight attendants when offline
- Provides personalised in-flight services to passengers at all times
- Information can be viewed on most mobile devices with user-friendly user interface (UI) screens and easy to navigate functionality
- Simplifies the collection of data on passenger preferences and consumption of food and beverages for subsequent back-end updates when online
- The user can view respective flight arrival/departure information and other relevant information like weather forecasts
- Citizen Mobile:
- App for citizens to report issues to local government (e.g., potholes)
- Simple email based update of SAP solutions – easy for local government to implement
- Integrates with the SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) application
Jon Cassidy, Head of Mobility Solutions, HCL AXON, said “We have many years of experience in implementing mobile solutions, and are delivering advanced solutions which combine industry and technical expertise. We have created a portfolio of product demonstrations, and are also able to offer more and more targeted answers to specific industry requirements, from commercial enterprises to public sector institutions such as police forces.”
The SAP Partner Mobile Application Catalog microsite, available at https://www.sappartnermobileapps.com, lists mobile apps currently available or in development with Sybase Unwired Platform for use with SAP applications.
For further information on HCL AXON’s Mobility Practice, please contact Jon Cassidy, Head of Mobility Solutions.