Managed Mainframes are the preferred data servers for most organizations, even the tech-savvy ones. The amount of work being done by managed mainframes is ever increasing. Though the number of managed Mainframes has dropped over the years, the quantity of processing they do is on the rise. Large banks, insurance companies, and governmental agencies, especially in developed economies, depend on Mainframes to support their businesses.
The Mainframe landscape poses a number of challenges for organizations: dealing with fixed costs, a shortage of skills, lack of innovation and quality, and a high cost of ownership. HCL’s Managed Mainframe Services deals with the challenges in the following manner using the software and hardware factory model:
- World-class Tier III and equivalent enterprise-class facility in Parsippany, New Jersey, US.
- Highly leveraged shared delivery platform
- Aggregate client MIPS to garner volume discounts
- Partnerships with leading ISVs such as CA, BMC, Serena, and IBM to lower software expenditure through agreements
- No keyhole approach and the client retains the flexibility to choose the software to run its business
We have the convenient combination of operational excellence and mainframe managed skills. HCL offers the much-needed robust governance framework as well as regular improvement in processes. HCL follows and delivers a structured transformation approach utilizing a true partnership model. This is achieved through a well-laid-out application modernization road map and workload rationalization methodology.
We believe in doing things differently. HCL’s Managed Mainframe Services methodology is agile and adaptable to the changing business needs. The services are rationalized for optimum MIPS usage and delivered using a highly leveraged automated utility environment. Our agile mainframe managed services helps organizations lower TCO, improve service quality, and convert fixed cost to variable costs.