About the Customer
The largest utility company in the state of Michigan, USA, with approximately $7 billion in annual revenues. The utility provides natural gas and electricity to over 6.5 million customers in the state.
Customer Business Needs and Challenges
- Lower total cost of ownership for run-the-business operations, use savings to fund Change the Business Smart Grid projects
- Greater accountability and service levels by moving over to SLA-bound managed services from an in-house IT supported model
- Aligning IT with business goals and strategy and to evolve IT as a true business empowering platform
- Effective IT demand management and access to quality skill base
- Employee development by moving them from “Run” to “Build” function into more energized and empowered roles
HCL provided complete managed services with end-to-end AMS, AE, and projects and infrastructure support services. HCL also provided testing services through a test center of excellence (TCOE) to cater to all the AMS and AD testing services with end-to-end ownership of service delivery.