For decades Mainframes have been the workhorse of Enterprise IT, providing performance and reliability. But now these antiquated systems are an impediment to business agility. As businesses prioritize Digital Transformation, they require an agile and scalable computing platform such as Hybrid Cloud. Enterprises need to modernize their Mainframes and Legacy applications but are often held back by conflicting priorities and transition costs.
Moreover, Mainframe and Legacy Modernization continues to be a challenge due to business dependencies, availability of skilled resources, closed architecture, and complexities in migrating to cloud platforms. This Digital Forum will address the challenges of Legacy modernization and discuss new approaches to adopting a modern technology platform. Experienced thought leaders will discuss novel strategies and proven solutions to ensuring a seamless and high impact legacy migration.
Topics covered include:
- How Legacy modernization is a critical part of digital transformation
- Key trends and challenges in legacy modernization across industries
- Best approaches for legacy modernization that minimize/eliminate ongoing MIPS expenditure
- Organization change readiness: gradual to big-bang migration to cloud methods
- Assuring business continuity through non-disruptive and high confidence solutions
- Identifying leading Cloud solutions, partners, and tools that can perform complex migrations
Rob Devers has over 25 years of IT/management consulting and industry experience with a proven track record of advising clients in designing and executing actionable architectures and business strategies. Rob is uniquely skilled in balancing emerging technologies with established solutions to best achieve business goals. Of Rob's most recent notable achievements is his development of Deluxe Entertainment’s future state architecture and strategic roadmap.