Location on map
HCL America was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.It soon became a prominent IT company in America.
HCL leverages its decades of global consulting and IT services expertise to create strong, long lasting relationships with its diverse group of Fortune 1000 customers across the Aerospace & Automotive, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services (Banking, Capital Markets & Insurance), Government, Hi-Tech & Manufacturing, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Retail & CPG and Telecommunication industries.
A radical assessment of the market in 2005 led to a massive internal transformation at HCL and based on customer insights, the company established Services+ portfolios that span the aforementioned vertical industries, thus transforming IT in America.These portfolios include:
- IT Transformation: APO, SOA & Middleware, ERP, ADM, Legacy, Web Technologies, Content Management, Independent Verification & Validation)
- Operations Transformation: Applications/ ERP Maintenance and Operations, Infrastructure management and Operations, BPO)
- Technology Transformation: Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software as a Service (SaaS)
With a focus on 'value centricity', HCL pioneered the management concept of 'Employee First, Customer Second', empowering its employees to better serve its customers through fresh and innovative approaches. One of the program's initiatives was the addition of graduates from top U.S. schools such as the University of Michigan, Northwestern, NYU, Notre Dame and Duke, as well as through customer engagements designed to overcome cultural and business nuances. Other concepts such as transformational engagements, outcome-based-pricing and multi-service delivery also became the cornerstone of HCL's strategy.
HCL's innovative thinking and management style raised the company's profile and also made it one of the IT companies in America to be the subject for classroom discussion, following the publication of a case study on HCL by the Harvard Business School in 2007. The HBS case study focuses on HCL's transformation that started in 2005, highlighting its 'Employee First Customer Second' strategy (read more on www.hbsp.harvard.edu). Fortune featured HCL as the 'World's Most Innovative Management' in April 2006, while BusinessWeek, USA Today and Investor's Business Daily has also recognized the company's unique management approach. Furthermore, industry analyst firm IDC has acknowledged the company as the "disruptive force" capable of leading the "future of IT Services Industry".
Milestone customer engagements for HCL America include:
- CA Inc.: Through a strategic partnership with CA Inc, HCL has assumed all research and product development connected with CA's threat management security business, while CA retains all sales and marketing functions. In doing so, the companies aim to grow CA's threat management business by combining the strengths of both organizations.
- Merck & Co: In 2007, Merck & Co signed a global multi-year, multi-services agreement with HCL expanding upon the existing relationship that started in 2004. HCL will provide strategic support to Merck's key IT initiatives, having been chosen as a leading IT company in America that has depth of technology and domain experience, coupled with flexibility to engage and a commitment to deliver.
- Autodesk: HCL's innovative deal with Autodesk, a Fortune 1000 company, achieved several industry "firsts". The agreement was one of the first engagements in which an offshore vendor was responsible for applications and infrastructure operations for a US customer, and was also the firs time in which an offshore vendor entered the hosted application management market. Further details on the agreement can be found in the IDC report "Changing the Offshore Application Outsourcing Game: HCL's Innovative Deal with Autodesk" on www.idc.com.
- The Boeing Company: Boeing partnered with HCL for the 787 Dreamliner (formerly known as the 7E7) program. Under the multi-year, multi-million dollar software development agreement, HCL provides software and hardware development and verification and validation services to Boeing as well as its Tier 1 systems suppliers for the 787 program.