- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
The Life Sciences & Healthcare industry is witnessing a dramatic transformation, and “convergence” has emerged as a pivotal focalpoint. Convergence of the entire ecosystem, including pharmaceutical companies, payers, providers, and other intermediaries with the patient at the center, is driving this journey. There is a definite shift from the outdated fee-for-service models to a more patient-centric, value-based, and affordable one.
The players in the ecosystem are constantly on the lookout for making meaningful and creative use of technology to bring together applications, infrastructure, and IoT enabled devices. They strive to offer unique and digital solutions to patients, ensuring a seamless and affordable healthcare experience.
For the last 10 years, we have been a ‘partner of choice’ for leading Life Sciences & Healthcare companies. Our clients include 10 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and seven leading medical devices firms. We believe that convergence of the ecosystem is the future and are consequently working to create unique customer experiences. This involves innovative orchestration of holistic and end-to-end offerings, including IoT, Digital, Analytics, Applications, and Cloud services.
Life Sciences enterprises are looking towards technology companies to understand how creatively they can deploy next gen avenues, including:
- Automation, application modernization, and infrastructure landscape to make it lean and agile with an optimized cost blueprint
- Advanced, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to generate meaningful insights that facilitate decision making
- Digital strategies leveraging IoT, Digital, and SMAC technologies for building highly scalable Connected Digital Health Platforms, which ensure better patient/care-giver connectivity, issue resolution, adherence level improvements, and enhanced brand value and market share.
We realize that these challenges have not changed over the last decade. They differ based on the specific growth cycle of the companies.
For instance, Life Sciences companies in the low growth phase of the industry life cycle, due to patent expiry, would emphasize on reducing operational expenses. However, a pharmaceutical company in the high growth stage would focus on patient centricity/disease-management, launch excellence, and market access.
We add value to our customers with a unique problem solving approach, called the DDD (Discover-Design-Deliver) paradigm.
The reality is that clients do not have sufficient time to spend on different phases of the problem-solving journey with corresponding vendors. Life Sciences companies are increasingly on the lookout for truncating this process and want an integrated end-to-end approach with a single vendor to minimize hops, maximize productivity, and accelerate product launches and go-to-market.
We work with a number of leading pharmaceutical companies, adding value to each of these 3 phases –
- Discover Phase - We engage with customers in moving beyond the traditional value chain processes and discover problems or consumer-level challenges through a unique ‘persona-based’ value discovery exercise.
- Design Phase - We deploy the Design Thinking framework, a set of tools and a mindset for problem-solving based on “empathy”. It’s an approach of creatively combining rational, functional, and emotional needs of the users for delivering “Unique User Experiences”. This is based on user’s needs, behaviors, constraints, and operating contexts. Our Design Thinking is powered by a strong combination of Automation, Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. The focus is more towards reframing business problems and designing a human-centered and experience-centric platform solution that is both agile and scalable.
- Deliver Phase - We follow “platform-centric” and “As-a-Service” delivery models. Additionally, we offer Plug & Play of Products, Application Development & Maintenance, and Hosting & Business Services to deliver more business aligned solutions to customers.
We have extensive experience of collaborating and leveraging our strong partnership ecosystem with leading product and technology vendors. This helps establish end-to-end integrated platform services, enabling Life Sciences clients to reimagine their IT landscape and transform them into next gen platforms for all critical functions across the value chain, comprising:
- Next-gen research platform
- Next-gen clinical platform
- Connected and digital healthcare platform for patients
- Contract manufacturing and quality platforms
Platforms & Services
Digital Patient Care Platform
HCL’s Digital Patient Care Platform provides a pre-built and configurable foundation to create a connected patient ecosystem, driving sustained relationship and reducing time and cost to launch patient care, support and engagement programs across countries, products and indicationsRead More
Insights & News
ECOSYSTEM OF PARTNERS
Our partnerships bring the relevant technology, industry and domain knowledge together, with tested products, to present a complete joint solution for our customers. By working together with partners, HCL augments and supports all solution and technology requirements and ensures that the best results are delivered.