Co-authored by: Anil Mishra
The first virtual global Pega Day event, organized on 16th July 2021, celebrated the decade-long HCL and Pega partnership. The theme- “Celebrating the past and inspiring the future”- was a grand success and we look forward to accelerating the growth of this partnership in the coming years. Carola Cazenave, VP – Global Partner Ecosystems, and Ken Nicolson, VP – Partner Delivery Excellence, delivered keynote sessions with the larger HCL and Pega leadership team.
The following are some of the highlights of their sessions:
The event was kick-started by Anand Birje‘s (Sr. CVP and Head – Digital Business, HCL Technologies) welcome note, with an overview of the HCL’s Digital Business and relationship with Pega. Anand emphasized that although we have hosted many Pega events or partner events globally, they were always in specific geographies, or for certain themes around distinct sets of customers. This virtual event is the first ever that allows such wider participation from across HCL and Pega, given all the different time zones and scheduling challenges with in-person events. In addition, he also covered how digital acceleration is changing agile and DevOps adoption in application services and how HCL’s experience in an “agile-product-centric IT model” is aligned with the market shift for application and data analytics services. Anand concluded his session by summarizing the relevance of this HCL – Pega partnership. He said, “We expect to scale this relationship and our capabilities around Pega as a platform, as a company, and as a partner”. He also gave a warm welcome to the 15+ Pega leaders who were instrumental in this journey.
Carola took the stage at the invitation of Anand to deliver her keynote session titled, “Connected for Success in 2021 and beyond.” Carola started her session with the Pegasystems GO campaign video to share the new and simplified brand message, “Crushing Business Complexity with Pega”. She further shared that both Pega and HCL are on an exciting journey, hitting financial milestones and growing quickly. She said, “Over the last 10 years of this partnership, we have delivered business results to many joint customers across the financial services, telecom, healthcare, life sciences, and manufacturing verticals.” According to Carola, this has set a great foundation, offering business value to joint clients with differentiated IPs and solutions. She also stated that, “Pega is committed to our partnership with HCL and wants to inspire our joint accelerated-growth vision. Leveraging this foundation will allow us to win more clients together with the latest Pega solutions.” A good example of strategic collaboration between the Pega and HCL teams is the creation of the Pega Process Fabric Connectors, powered by HCL (as an engineering enabler). She further said, “HCL was one of the early partners to create and showcase the Pega and Adobe “better together” story to scale connected personalized customer experiences. Looking forward to greater momentum in 2H as we take it to our shared clients and also bringing the highest number of IP and Solutions in the Pega Marketplace.” Carola also announced the launch of the first-ever Pega Sales Missions for Partner Sellers that can help partner sellers to understand Pega’s go-to-market message, differentiators, and essential tips to sell Pega solutions. Carola concluded her session by congratulating the HCL team for this first Pega Day event.
Ken covered the “Key Delivery Excellence Initiatives” (Practice Size, Current Skills, Pega Express Badge, and Project Registration) that will help meet the 2022 new Pega Partners program requirements and build a great foundation to assist clients in their transformation programs. Ken stressed the importance of the Pega Express Delivery badge, an important aspect of successful delivery, and a key requirement of the new Pega Partners program. Pega Express™ is a light, design-focused delivery approach that uses Pega’s low-code experience, best practices, and scrum to deliver meaningful outcomes quickly. Design thinking techniques break customer journeys into smaller, more manageable pieces called Microjourneys™. He also shared key developer engagement initiatives like TechTalks, Developer Success Stories, Pega Community Blog, and Hackathons that serve as great resources for Pega practitioners to plan and upgrade their career and impact clients. Pega Community is a great place to learn about the latest and greatest from Pega software and the vibrant community with clients and partners. Ken concluded his session by congratulating the HCL team for this first Pega Day event.
The other key sessions that ensured the audience was glued to their screens were:
- The Alliance and Partnership updates by Ramesh Menon, Sr. VP – Digital & Analytics, HCL Technologies, highlighting the step-change or paradigm shift in the relationship between the two companies in the last few years, resulting in increased business, field actions, and visibility. He also stressed on the vision and the growth plan with the current momentum on the rise from both ends.
- The HCL-Pega vision and strategy and Engineering-first initiatives, with a deep dive on latest solution offerings, from D&A Product Management Group headed by Shyam Enjeti (Sr. VP – Digital & Analytics, HCL Technologies). Rahul Jha, Global Practice Head – DPA and Digital Integration, HCL Technologies, and Pritiman Panda, Global Practice Lead – DPA, HCL Technologies, voiced out the vision of Pega services, analyst recognitions, and how HCL has been the Top Solution Contributor in the Pega Marketplace. We also elucidated on how HCL has been the frontrunner to tap the partner ecosystem with Adobe, Workato, ServiceNow, Salesforce, etc., to create a differentiated solution with a better-together strategy. The session also focused on giving an overview of the HCL ADvantage™ Pega Suite- a set of solutions, implementation frameworks, and playbooks that accelerate implementation of Pega-based solutions or platforms. And for global implementations of Pega, these provide the speed and consistency needed for success.
- Vinutha Rao, VP and C&C Head – Digital Business, HCL Technologies, who heads the Internal Talent Management Group and the Capability and Capacity Unit, emphasized on the significant role played by the team in collaborating with Pega to complement the demand management and growth.
The occasion was to celebrate the journey and recognize the numerous teams and outstanding performers who made this journey a memorable one. The award felicitation that was done during the 90-minute event by the leaders from Pega and HCL are as follows:
- Carola presented the Delivery Function Transformation Award and Scale Award
- Ken handed over the Delivery Function Individual Awards (which included categories like Rockstar Rookie, Bravo, Start Performer, Delivery Champion, and Delivery Leader) for North America and Europe.
- Anupama Bugatha, Sr. VP – Banking and Financial Services, HCL Technologies, awarded the Delivery Function Catalyst Team Award, the Customer Engagement Team Award, and the Robotics Team Award.
- Vinutha Rao’s representative presented the Delivery Function Individual Awards for the ANZ and ASEAN regions.
The event wouldn’t have been complete without recognizing our Digital & Analytics Pega Champions (across functions like Alliance, Talent Management, Geo Solutions, Analyst Relations, Marketing, Platform, CoE, Presales, and Ecosystem Solutions). They worked tirelessly throughout to ensure the success of this event.
Accolades from HCL and Pega Leadership:
“In a post-pandemic world, as enterprises re-balance their budgets between digital acceleration and operations transformation, we (HCL) have been partnering with our clients to evolve new business models that radically improve business agility and drive executional rigor. Our strong partnership with Pega brings a powerful convergence of intuitive customer experiences, intelligent automation, and actionable insights enabling us to accelerate the path to value for our clients across industries.”
Anand Birje, Sr. CVP and Head – Digital Business, HCL Technologies
“HCL is a Gold-level partner and a recipient of Pega's Partner Excellence Award for industry innovation and solution development. Over our decade-long partnership, HCL has built custom solutions atop our most advanced software products that crush business complexity, helping clients get the most from their technology investment.”
Hayden Stafford, President of Global Client Engagement, Pegasystems
“At Pega, we routinely help global enterprises supercharge their operations and customer engagements. Our decade-old alliance with HCL is based on our shared values to ensure extraordinary results with our mutual customers. Together, HCL and Pega help drive digital transformation to maximize customer satisfaction and lifetime values for some of the biggest businesses across the globe. Their eleven packaged service offerings on the Pega Marketplace showcase their commitment to extend the value of Pega solutions for our joint clients.”
Carola Cazenave, VP – Global Partner Ecosystems, Pegasystems
“As the technology ecosystem grows more dynamic, interrelated, complex and ephemeral, modern enterprises must have an eye toward maturing business-people into autonomous application owners and empowered citizen developers to stay ahead of the curve. As a leading SI partner for Pega with the highest number of solutions published in the Pega Marketplace, HCL is focused on enabling self-service led by a product-centric approach and a platform-mindset, establishing cutting-edge governance models that are pervasive across business and IT and infusing a truly digital culture into the very heart of the enterprise. HCL's ADvantage™ Pega Suite is a culmination of all these imperatives and a testament to our multi layered collaboration.”
Shyam Enjeti, Sr. VP – Digital & Analytics, HCL Technologies
“The facets of solutions submitted by HCL to the Pega Marketplace showcases HCL’s commitment to leveraging the ecosystem partners or products to create a better-together strategy with Pega. Built around some of Pega’s most advanced strategic products, HCL’s ADvantage Pega suite helps enterprises draw upon the global SI leader’s innovation DNA to resolve specific business challenges with technology-led interventions, and reinvent themselves for the digital age.”
Rupen Shah, VP – Global ISV Alliance & Strategy, Pegasystems
“We are incredibly excited about partnering with HCL on Process Fabric. The HCL team has the proven cross-platform skills and strategic vision to deliver a differentiated experience to our shared clients.”
Matt Healy, Sr. Manager – Product Marketing, Pegasystems
For More Information
To know more about HCL-Pega joint solutions and how we can help you redefine the customer engagement, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.