The IBM + HCL strategic partnership is bringing new technical vitality to these products and we will be highlighting this in our recently updated roadmap for both products.
IBM Rational ClearCase: Roadmap Review and Client Priorities
Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 | 8:00 AM - 11:15 AM | Lagoon J | Session ID: 2424A
- This session will provide users of IBM Rational ClearCase with an update on the latest product roadmap, including an explanation of IBM's development priorities and a discussion of client priorities.
Joe Londa, HCL Technologies Product Manager
ClearCase Development Team Members
IBM Rational ClearQuest: Roadmap Review and Client Priorities
Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 | 12:15 PM - 3:30 PM | Lagoon J | Session ID: 2429A
- This session will provide users of IBM Rational ClearQuest with an update on the latest product roadmap, including an explanation of IBM's development priorities and a discussion of client priorities.
Joe Londa, HCL Technologies Product Manager
ClearQuest Development Team Members
How State Street is Leveraging a Multi-Platform DevOps Solution to Drive to Continuous Delivery
Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 | 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM | Breakers J | Session ID: 2400A
- Wondering how to modernize your z/OS development process? Still stuck in the 1980s using host-based production control systems? Now is the time to move. State Street is using Rational Team Concert (RTC) and Rational Developer for z (RDz) for all its mainframe development, and UrbanCode Deploy for deployment. RTC is also used as the agile planning tool for all development teams, and is the key integration and audit point for all development processes. We are also in the process of moving from ClearCase/ClearQuest into GitHub with RTC for all the distributed teams. This talk will discuss State Street's approach, the benefits of the modern tooling, and how you can transition to a similar solution from where you are today.
Rosalind Radcliffe, IBM
Edward Weare, State Street
Introduction to HCL Technologies and the IBM Strategic Partnership Products
Wednesday, Mar 22, 2017 | 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM | Oceanside A - IC Lounge EB 1 | Session ID: 2412A
- This presentation will introduce HCL Technologies and the IBM Strategic Partnership that involves ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rational Application Developer, Rational Software Architect, Rational Testing Portfolio, and Tivoli Workload Automation products. We will describe the history of HCL and why this partnership is important to the vitality of the products in scope and how clients that use these products will benefit from it.
Refactoring of a Jazz/CLM/DevOps Infrastructure into a Private Cloud at Siemens
Wednesday, Mar 22, 2017 | 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM | Reef E | Session ID: 2766A
- Siemens Switzerland has operated a large Jazz/CLM infrastructure for the past five years. A growing user base and huge performance issues drove a redesign of the whole environment. The decision was made to migrate the current, bare-metal based infrastructure into a private cloud provided by ATOS. This talk will cover all topics pertinent to the successful migration: Redesigning and migrating the CLM infrastructure into the private cloud; migrating from WebSphere traditional to Liberty profile (learnings and configurations examples); implementing dual Active Directory forest support for CLM; migrating to Jazz Authorization Server (JAS) for CLM security; and single sign-on integration with IBM Rational ClearQuest.
Guido Schneider, Siemens Building Technology Corp.
Daniel Diebolt, IBM
IBM ClearCase: Beyond Version Management, a DevOps Enabler!
Wednesday, Mar 22, 2017 | 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM | Breakers I | Session ID: 5231A
- For years, ClearCase has been a prominent name in software configuration management. Lately it has gained significant attention within the systems world with its seamless integrations with Cadence -Virtuoso and National Instruments LabVIEW environments. The "Big and Important Question" that arises today is if ClearCase can go beyond what it already does best; i.e., configuration and version management. What role does it plays in continuous integration, continuous testing and managing infrastructure as code, eventually leading to continuous delivery? This talk will address these pertinent questions in detail, and showcase how ClearCase fits best within software and hardware worlds for their collaborative lifecycle management (CLM) needs.
Sumeet Kohli, HCL Technologies
What's New and the Direction for IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest
Thursday, Mar 23, 2017 | 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM | Breakers I | Session ID: 6960A
- Come hear how IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest continues to evolve and serve the needs of change and configuration management, with a focus on the new capabilities introduced in Version 9. We will also present our refreshed product roadmap, which has been revitalized by IBM's strategic partnership with HCL Technologies.
Joe Londa, HCL Technologies a
Peter Hack, HCL Technologies
Adam Skwersky, HCL Technologies
See you there!