Engineer a Supercharging Future for Yourself
Find your fit and supercharge progress with our exciting career opportunities
Mold Design Engineer (Plastic)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, interact well with others and be a positive team member.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be action oriented, possess sound judgment, decision making capabilities, perseverance, and problem-solving skills.
- Plastic injection design and development experience in the medical device and/or component industry.
- Must have high proficient 3D CAD modeling/design (preferably Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience in designing of jigs & fixtures.
- Hands on experience with Design Control experience including design and process verification and validation.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing and assembly processes of plastic injection molded parts and assemblies.
- Thorough understand part geometry, Moldability & Capability Studies, Tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied mechanical engineering in product design and evaluation.
- Ability to make independent and sound judgments.
Roles And Responsibilities
- The Tooling Engineer is responsible for tool design and manufacturability for new and transfer development activities for plastic injection molding projects.
- This position will ensure product requirements and quality standards are satisfied and to help assess how well the product will meet customer needs in terms of functionality and usability.
- Develop design concepts for new tooling.
- Design optimization and debugging of existing mold.
- Lead mold design review and engineering meetings.
- Provide technical support to production regarding processing issues and quality problems due to material, machine, process, or tooling issues.
- Performing mold flow analysis and selecting suitable hot runner system.
- Maintaining, repairing, or installing plastics injection mold.
- Designs secondary operations fixtures and develops processes to complete scope of the project.
- Responsible for design, update, and repair of 3D files for Design For Manufacturability (DFM) process.
- Responsible to designing mold and creating 3D CAD Model and 2d Engineering Drawings.
- Experienced in working with customers on detailed CAD files and explaining the trouble areas on the files and offering solutions.
- Prepare mold specification and checklist.
- Review all detailed drawings for proper dimensioning and stack up tolerances.
- Assist engineers to design, develop, evaluate, and troubleshoot to accomplish project goals.
- Perform drawing/print revisions for manufactured products.
- Prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Collaborate with team members positively and with respect.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, lean initiatives, and safety rules.
- Performs other duties, as assigned based on business needs.
- Operate in both office and manufacturing environments.