What is ddlc?
What is ddlc?
Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC) is the process of designing, developing, editing, publishing and maintaining a document for the product development life cycle. It comprises of the entire documentation process that goes along with a software product development process
Documentation of a product development life cycle is essential for future usage as a reusable component while developing similar products, further it is also useful for fixing bugs in the existing product by tracing the origin of the bug via analysis of the entire product development process.
Typically DDLC comprises of the process of converting unstructured information into structured documents using the following steps:
- Requirement Analysis: The process of gathering information and analysing the requirements, with requirements properly mapped to the information
- Audience Analysis: Understanding the users of the final documents and going ahead with the documentation process accordingly
- Document Outlining: Preparing the skeletal framework of the document
- Prototyping: Developing a template document, consisting of all specifications, styles and standards required for the document
- Developing the Document: The complete process of creating the document, covering all definitions, procedures and related information
- Reviewing the Document: The entire document review process is divided into peer review, technical review and functional review, to ensure that the document is free from any errors
- Packaging: The process of making the document deliverable and storable in format